PDA

View Full Version : Free windshield repair.

mjpowers728
09-16-2007, 11:42 PM
For the past few months, there`s been a guy offering free windshield chip repair in the parking lot at the local shopping center. I`ve read that this is a fairly easy thing to learn, and I can appreciate the good marketing, but I`m curious about your thoughts on this. Especially considering that others spent money on tools and training, trying to make a profit, and this guy`s kinda taking over the market.

imported_karwaxer
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi I also offer windshield repair as an add on service to my mobile detailing service. What he is offering more than likely is not "FREE" it is probably 1 of 2 things 1 he is billing your insurance company directly as most insurance companies will waive any deductables and pay for a repair over replacement so the repair is FREE for the customer or 2 he is charging the customer for the repair and when the customer sends in the reciept to the insurance company they will be reimbursed for the repair so again it ends up being FREE.The drawback is that the customers ins. co. counts this as a claim & can use this against them in the future to not renew the policy should they have any major claims. I find that for the $35- $50 my cust. dont bother with ins. they just pay italong with the price of the detail.

mjpowers728
09-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Oooh okay. That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hey, by the way, how do you like windshield repair? Does it turn a decent profit? Also, how hard is it to learn? I may look into doing it, I decided today that in less than a year I`m going to leave my current job.

jtopia
10-26-2007, 02:42 AM
If you are going tooffer this, a good "add on" is wiper replacements. It`s pretty easy to put another $20 in your pocket this way.