PDA

View Full Version : PC Orbital Buffer?? Pads?? I`m New to This!!

stang03
06-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey all,
I am new here and am looking into getting the PorterCable 7424. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Every since I have had my car I have used Zaino products on it. Right now I am sure my car has about (30 layers of polish) about two years worth. So my car is almost always clean. I am thinking about switching to PoorBoys and trying them out and I am wanting a buffer to go along with it.

But I am confused about all of the pads and stuff. I only have some `spider web` scratches in certain light so I don`t know how much i need to cut into the clearcoat.

So are there any suggestions on what I ought to do. As in what pads and stuff?? Any reviews on the PoorBoy`s??

Thanks alot
Brent

Beemerboy
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Brent

Welcome to the site head for PB forum for questions and answers about his lineup.

As for pads they come in different levels of cut. You want to go to PAC or one of the sponsors that will help you understand the levels they come in.

I like a cutting pad to start with swril removers, I have a couple of them one a bit harder than the other. The harder they are the more cut you will get, this also depends on the product that you are using.
Then a polish pad, and a finishing pad. I have a few of each for my PC but if you are just doing your car then one of each will be enough.

Also if you are going to start using another product other than Zaino. I would clay the car to remove all the old product before appling anything new.

Focusedonsound
06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Ahh its good to see more and more Mustangs here! Good ol american Muscle is taking over!

What color Mustang? Do you have any pics?

PC = Quite Possibly The best detailing purchase that you could ever make!

Welcome to DC!

Pads. There are so many different types and such .. I personally like the Lake and country 7.5in pads they work well .. If you hit up Autogeek.net for your first purchase they will hook you up w/ a 10% discount!

Poorboys! Reviews! Just do a search in the poorboys forum for Reviews! There isn`t a single poorboys product that isn`t worth the money ... in my opinion!

stang03
06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks alot guys for all of the quick replies. It feels good to be welcomed.

My car is DSG (with metallic).
Here is a link. Click Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dsgmustangmach1/album?.dir=db98&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dsgmustangmach1/my_photos)
But anyways...I won`t purchase the PC for a while. Until I get everything figured out. On what to get and stuff. I am used to always applying wax by hand, but I thought that a PC could do a little better than me. I am sort of hesitant to use one, but I think the results will be worth it.

Keep remarks coming
Thanks
Brent

Totoland Mach
06-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Brent: don`t be too worried about using the pc on your Mach 1 (I`ve got a DSG too and have been using it for 1.5 years). Above all, listen to the folks here at Detail City....they are a great guidance for you.

I started with a beater car, then my neighbor`s beater, then my wife`s Pathfinder and got lots of experience before I tacked the Mach...made things go so much easier.

Take care...I`ve seen your ride on the Registry or the Org before.

Totoland Mach

stang03
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM
So I should probably practice first before tackling the Mach??

Brent