View Full Version : input

Pages : [1] 2

john480
09-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Optimum Car Wax

duragloss aw

VTechFan02
09-16-2007, 10:23 PM
In my opinion, AW is slightly easier to use, smells nice (coconuty) and leaves a nicer shine, AND CHEAPER!!

-Frank

john480
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
i like the smell too .as per the price it only 10 more a gallon

Scottwax
09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I prefer OCW, has a deeper, more carnauba look to it. The new version is even better.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Dark Colors = OCW

Light Colors = AW

Use a white pad to apply with the PC and it will burnish and jewel the paint.

sixty7mustang22
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
AW is the one I like.

AL-53
09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Dark Colors = OCW

Light Colors = AW

Use a white pad to apply with the PC and it will burnish and jewel the paint.

I would not use a PC to apply AW since it has no real lube properties....has no cleaner also....

Al

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
I would not use a PC to apply AW since it has no real lube properties....has no cleaner also....

Al

Hey Al,

I`ve actually used both OCW and AW with the PC white pad combo

I spray a spritz on the pad and then one sweeping spray on each panel. I`ll start of the PC on speed 3 to spread and kick up to 5.. no pressure added.

I have seen no marring.. :confused: it really does jewel the paint. I have recomended this to another user and he had great results, his review is below

Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum - Detailed my new 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/9010-detailed-my-new-04-jeep-grand-cherokee.html)

AL-53
09-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey Al,

I`ve actually used both OCW and AW with the PC white pad combo

I spray a spritz on the pad and then one sweeping spray on each panel. I`ll start of the PC on speed 3 to spread and kick up to 5.. no pressure added.

I have seen no marring.. :confused: it really does jewel the paint. I have recomended this to another user and he had great results, his review is below

Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum - Detailed my new 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/9010-detailed-my-new-04-jeep-grand-cherokee.html)

How can a product like OCW or AW jewel the paint when they have no abrasive properties...its the cut of the polishing pad doing it...not the product..jeweling means refining the finish with a lite abrasive product to bring the finish to its best..so in reality the pad is doing the polishing not the product....the products used my be filling in any micro mariing...I know AW will after a coat or two...and OCW will with its wax content...

A white pad does have cut to it..its a polishing pad...if it works for you fine...but I personally would not run a abrasive pad on paint with products like that on paint since they have no real lube properties

but if it works for you..thats fine....

AL

BigAl3
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
can`t say enough about AW, love the stuff...

a.k.a. Patrick
09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
The next question would be if you were able to choose either/or, for free, what would you choose....?

BlackElantraGT
09-21-2007, 08:36 PM
The next question would be if you were able to choose either/or, for free, what would you choose....?

That`s too easy Patrick! I`d pick the OCW only because I can`t pick that up over the counter, plus it`s more expensive than AW!

I`m not familiar with OCW, so I`m not going to cast my vote, but AW is a great product considering how easy it is to use and how cheap it is. I don`t have the kind of time that I really want to properly detail and protect the cars I work on, so AquaWax is my go-to product when I need quick and easy protection.

gocubbies
09-21-2007, 08:47 PM
it depends on what you want. do you want a wax then go with the OCW. if you want a sealant then AW. just remember AW is NOT a QD`er it is a sealant. to many layers and you finish will start to look cloudy.

Scottwax
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM

OCW still. I have both it and AW, plus the new version of OCW that is even better than the original.

imported_DieselMDX
09-22-2007, 02:40 AM
easy aqua wax