PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Product List

JZPWR
09-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Well I think I placed this topic in the wrong section at first so I moved it here. I`m new to this board and I would like to get some advice and feedback on the products I plan to purchase to wash my 2001 Lexus ES300 DD. This car didn`t get washed in a long time and I want to do a quality job with quality products and upkeep it from now on. I must say that I based my product list on OTC products and ones that are not too hard on the wallet. I did take time to read up and gain information on the boards for the last 2 days. Currently I have NXT Car Wash on the garage shelf with EO Nanowax, and some microfiber cloths. I have some AA Wheel cleaner and BM Tire Shine and some BM Interior wipes. After reading up on the information this wonderful community has shared I realized these products I have aren`t so great.

I know the NXT car wash is not bad at all but I`m planning to change that to DG`s car wash or maybe I can get my hands on some ONR. I think I`ll be using a lot of DG`s products for their quality and price as I see many praise the brand and it seems to be up there in comparison with higher priced products. :) For interior and leather care I think that DG`s leather products would cut it (221 shampoo/cleaner and 441 conditioner), I would like to know if they have UV protection and if not, which leather products do have UV protection as this car is parked out in the sun. I also think I`ll be going with DG`s 201 for the dash and vinyl pieces. For polishing and waxing, I was thinking of using DG`s 105 TPP topped with their 951 aquawax. I was thinking I might as well run in some PBA 601 prior to the 105 to help it stick better. What would be the application procedure be if I just rinsed the car, dried it leaving a slight damp and get ready for the 601,105 and AW treatment? In terms of wheel care and tire care, can anyone recommend a good wheel cleaner and natural looking tire shine? I don`t want to be off to the circus but nice low to medium gloss matte finish would be nice. More important would be the protection of the product and how good would it be to help water bead off the tires.

Rounding out my set of questions I would like to ask and confirm what kind of cloth is recommend for a wash, wax and interior jobs and wheel and tire cleaning. I`m thinking of getting a sheepskin mitt for the washing and running some microfiber cloth for the polishing and waxing and a good applicator for the interior products.

I also will try and pick up some of Stoner`s Invisible glass for glass cleaning and protection. I am still trying to find a product that can remove bug stains that are stuck on without killing the paint. Any advice concerning that as well as my entire post is greatly appreciated. I`m glad I found this place! :D

BlackElantraGT
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
DG car wash - This is my favorite soap I`ve used to date. It`s a lot more expensive than NXT and hesitated to purchase it for a long time, but since trying out a small bottle I`ve since purchased a whole gallon of it. I haven`t gone back to NXT since, unless it`s on a POS car or I`m using it in the foam cannon.

DG leather cleaner and conditioner - The conditioner bottle doesn`t state that it has UV protectants, but it actually says that it protects against cracking and abrasion. Whether that is the same thing or not I have no clue, you might want to call DG about that. But their conditioner is some good stuff too and actually leaves your leather smelling like leather.

Tire dressing - I think the dressing you will want is the TMD (Tire & Mat dressing) if you want a low-medium gloss. For a water-based dressing, the durability isn`t too bad. I`m not a high-shine tire guy, but I have to say that I prefer their Extreme shine tire dressing over the TMD. This stuff lasts through washes and looks even better over time once the shine wears off. It`s a bit pricey though at almost $10 a bottle. I`ve been switching back and forth between this and Meg`s All Season Dressing and the DG stuff is a lot better, but at more than $50 a gal, I can`t justify that cost just for tire dressing.

Sorry I can`t answer all your questions because I have to get going at the moment. Hope this helps somewhat.

JZPWR
09-16-2007, 02:39 PM
That helps alot! :D Any help is great help IMHO. I appreciate your thoughts on some of the products listed. Thanks again. :)

whitejavaS500
09-16-2007, 03:03 PM
JZPWR,

You have good choices so far, although I`d make the following changes:

Use the #501 Marine Polish in place of the 601. Its 10 times better.

Use the #521 Marine Detail Spray, its easily one of the top two QDs I`ve ever used.

And for your tires and trim, I`d reccomend the #531 Protectant. This stuff is UNREAL. It beads water like no tommorow, and lasts for weeks.

I love my 901 wash, more so than any other I`ve ever used. Also, the AW is unbeatable for the price.

Hope this helps,

Ben

JZPWR
09-16-2007, 03:38 PM
BTW, which product are you talking about with the extreme shine tire dressing? Only high shine product for tires I know from DG is the Wet Look Tire Shine #281, is that the one you`re referring too?

JZPWR
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
BlackElantraGT, which DG product are you talkin about with the extreme shine? I know #281 is called Wet Look Tire Shine and retails for about $10. WhitejabaS500, thank you for the tips, I thought 601 was a bonding agent that`s used before polish itself aka a pre-polish. I know 501 is a polish itself and If anything I thought it would replace the 105, but going with what you said, it will be best to pre polish with the 501, follow with the 105 and then top with the AW? How long do you wait once you apply the 501 to go on to the 105? I`ll look into the 521 for a QD as I`ve read great things about the #921 FC&S as well. I`ll keep in mind the Marine and RV protectant as a means of tire and trim protection. :) BTW anyone recommend a good bug and tar/heavy stain remover that won`t murder the paint and protection?

Thanks again everyone!

BlackElantraGT
09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I always get their product names and numbers confused. You got it right, the name of the product is Wet Look Tire Shine. It is a solvent-based dressing so just be aware of that.

You also mentioned #201, the UD Vinyl & Leather Dressing. I haven`t used it on leather (just their conditioner), but it`s a pretty nice interior dressing for plastics and vinyl. It has a medium gloss to it and leaves behind a pleasant, clean scent. I doesn`t state anything about UV protection, but here`s what it does say on the bottle:

"Duragloss UD is a unique formulation designed to restore the lustre and softness to vinyl surfaces. It imparts water resistance, protects against cracking and extends the life of materials. A special fragrance gives the interior a clean, fresh scent."

Kid Met
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I have used the folloing duragloss products:

CWC - excellent

BR - Excellent had a spot on my SLK couldn`t get it off after a few washes and spray on BR before FINALLY came off. Right on my truck. Eye sore.

FC- - excellent Couldn`t wash the car this weekend did a quick & clean car looked great

TMD - Okay I like my tire to shine after washing Typically wash car weekly and need to use TMD every time

AWC - okay - not what it states on bottle spray on wash off doesnt work

UD- excellent recieved a trial size when ordered other products direct from website

Window cleaners- I have both Rain Repel & Glass cleaner both are good but seem to leave a film sometimes and it frustrates me. I use a microfiber towel. ???

Finally I haven`t used TPP as using up my Z-5 that I have left. I have used Z-AIO and I do like this product. and leather cleaner. ( I have some Zaino left)

I do like the Zaino line but find that Duragloss is easier to purchase than Zaino plus pricer.

wannafbody
09-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Duragloss leather conditioner provides pretty good softening ability. Good product-among the best. Carwash is great too.

JZPWR
09-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for putting in your thoughts and input everyone! :D