PDA

View Full Version : Hi again, making a come back. NEW and OLD questions here.

00 Nav
09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Its been a few years since i visited this site, i had a little Honda Civic that was my hobby car and with help of aolt of (older) members i got it looking awesome (By HAND). Anyway, i sold it and lost interest in detailing although i shouldn`t have. I just recently purchased a boat, and did a search on HOW TO REMOVE WATERSPOTS, and this site came up. I had to go though all the (FORGOT you password deal) but managed to get back in. To make a LONG story short...

Back then i was going to purchase a PC 7424, but never did. I thought i would look it up here, and this NEW UDM is making a big buzz. I read abit on it, i`m pretty impressed with it. I have NEVER used a machine for paint finished, is this a good choice for a beginer like myself, i`m way below a newbie, when it comes to using machines like this.

Does that guy from HAWAII still sell his Microfiber towels and WAFFLE weave drying towels here anymore...? Forgot his user name, maybe somebody remembers him...?

I have had some Meguirs product, #7 and #9 stored for about 3 1/2 years, Some S100 (2 brand new jars) as well, do you guys think they are still good...? Stored inside the house, never got frozen or exposed to sunlight.

Does that Moose product still exist or did they die out? I have MANY questions as i am trying to get back into detailing my veichles, ow that time and work permits. Thanks in advance to all....

~Oscar

Danny318
09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com) ?

Yes the UDM would be the best choice for you. Its very easy to start learning on it. I got a PC a few months ago and am getting pretty good at it.

Your products should be fine since they were stored in the house. Might wanna buy up some new stuff though, when you order your UDM.

I think there are some Moose products. glazes and waxes. search the forums.

Good luck :)

cgage
09-16-2007, 10:04 AM
For a boat, if there is any gelcoat oxidation etc, you will need to wetsand or use a rotary. I don`t think my UDM would touch my boat`s issues. But you should always have a PC around, even if you also have a rotary.