PDA

View Full Version : Advice on product list

JZPWR
09-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey everyone, I`m new to this board and I would like to get some advice and feedback on the products I plan to purchase to wash my 2001 Lexus ES300 DD. This car didn`t get washed in a long time and I want to do a quality job with quality products and upkeep it from now on. I must say that I based my product list on OTC products and ones that are not too hard on the wallet. I did take time to read up and gain information on the boards for the last 2 days. Currently I have NXT Car Wash on the garage shelf with EO Nanowax, and some microfiber cloths. I have some AA Wheel cleaner and BM Tire Shine and some BM Interior wipes. After reading up on the information this wonderful community has shared I realized these products I have aren`t so great.

I know the NXT car wash is not bad at all but I`m planning to change that to DG`s car wash or maybe I can get my hands on some ONR. I think I`ll be using a lot of DG`s products for their quality and price as I see many praise the brand and it seems to be up there in comparison with higher priced products. :) For interior and leather care I think that DG`s leather products would cut it (221 shampoo/cleaner and 441 conditioner), I would like to know if they have UV protection and if not, which leather products do have UV protection as this car is parked out in the sun. I also think I`ll be going with DG`s 201 for the dash and vinyl pieces. For polishing and waxing, I was thinking of using DG`s 105 TPP topped with their 951 aquawax. I was thinking I might as well run in some PBA 601 prior to the 105 to help it stick better. What would be the application procedure be if I just rinsed the car, dried it leaving a slight damp and get ready for the 601,105 and AW treatment? In terms of wheel care and tire care, can anyone recommend a good wheel cleaner and natural looking tire shine? I don`t want to be off to the circus but nice low to medium gloss matte finish would be nice. More important would be the protection of the product and how good would it be to help water bead off the tires.

Rounding out my set of questions I would like to ask and confirm what kind of cloth is recommend for a wash, wax and interior jobs and wheel and tire cleaning. I`m thinking of getting a sheepskin mitt for the washing and running some microfiber cloth for the polishing and waxing and a good applicator for the interior products.

I also will try and pick up some of Stoner`s Invisible glass for glass cleaning and protection. I am still trying to find a product that can remove bug stains that are stuck on without killing the paint. Any advice concerning that as well as my entire post is greatly appreciated. I`m glad I found this place! :D