PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845

imported_weekendwarrior
09-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I bought my first bottle of 845 last night. It was kind of pastey, but the bottle said to shake it well. After shaking it for a while, it became very runny. What should the consistency be - should it be very liquidy/runny?

AL-53
09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I bought my first bottle of 845 last night. It was kind of pastey, but the bottle said to shake it well. After shaking it for a while, it became very runny. What should the consistency be - should it be very liquidy/runny?

It should be liquidity....runny like.....but shake it good...

Al

imported_weekendwarrior
09-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the reply AL-53.

By the way, how old is your pitbull? My wife and I have a 6 and a half year old female pitbull that was rescued from a rather pathetic breeder. Great dog.

imported_reeeko99
09-15-2007, 06:52 PM
It should be liquidity....runny like.....but shake it good...

Al

Someone on this site mentioned to let the bottle sit in some hot water first for a few minutes or in the sun.

I usually go the hot water method. Sure seems to make it apply easier.

Then shake it well. Keep shaking it often while you apply.

It will get runny.

Apply in very thin coats via damp pad.

Once the pad is seasoned, you will not need to use as much.

Enjoy the looks and slick feel afterwards.

2-3 coats will get you through a winter.

AL-53
09-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the reply AL-53.

By the way, how old is your pitbull? My wife and I have a 6 and a half year old female pitbull that was rescued from a rather pathetic breeder. Great dog.

My male is 3 years old and my female is 2 years old..both rescues when pups....best loving dogs I ever had....I rescue pits..I had one dog transported here by a dog transport from W. Virginia...

ok...the 845 will be thick in the bottle at first..shake it well....it will eventually turn liquid...now apply nice and thin....believe me this stuff spreads thin...a little goes a longs ways...if you encounter a tuff spot buffing off..just use a damp MF to remove it..or a QD ....but if thin should come off easy....

AL

Bigpoppa3346
09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
It should be pretty thin...thinner than most liquid waxes/sealants.

RitcheyRch
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
As others have said, shake well and enjoy.

jshillin
09-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I just received my first bottle of 845 as well. I shook the hell out of mine, but it still seemed rather thick...

imported_smprince1
09-16-2007, 11:31 AM
I just received my first bottle of 845 as well. I shook the hell out of mine, but it still seemed rather thick...

Sometimes there is a "plug" of thick stuff stuck in the neck of the bottle. Could that be what you are seeing? If so, I just push that plug into the thinner liquied and shake until that too is incorporated into the thin liquid.

Accumulator
09-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Might try running hot water over the bottle, or letting it sit in hot water for a while. The 845 *does* get as thin as milk when it`s ready to use.