PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG WOWO VS Letting it haze test results?

danEz_yoda
09-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I`ve searched for this and found a zillion hits but none of them that I looked at had test results.

I do believe that the WOWO will "work" but don`t know what that impact it has on the durability.

I`d like to see if anyone has done some long term tests that compared the durability of the WOWO vs the haze methods.

Also, what about the back to back application without the long "cure" times between coats. Anyone figured out of this is really required based on long term tests?

mikebai1990
09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
You`ll have to search around. I`ve seen many posts talking about WOWO vs. letting it haze.. and I don`t remember the results.

danEz_yoda
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
there have been many that talk about how easy it is but non that ive read go into how long the WOWO applied method lasts compared to the haze method. I do know that accumulator said his lasted over a year with 6 coats of SG using the haze method.

Any long term WOWO test results out there?

spotter
09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I used SG with the WOWO method for over 4 years on my wifes white CRV daily driver. It is garaged during the day M-F and at night at the house but in my experience SG x 2 would easily last 8-9 months on her car and still look great. Of course on my GS400 I am continually doing something to it at least every other month trying various products and it always pisses me off when I wash her CRV and it looks as good or better with just a wash than my car which is babied and constantly pampered.

As good of success as I had with the Klasse twins on her car I am going to switch to Werkstatts Prime Acrylic and AJT for this winter. I NEVER had a problem with SG using WOWO but AJT is still a little bit easier to use. I don`t expect the durability to be quite as good but I won`t really know for sure until next year. I can`t say from just using it on my car because I can`t leave mine alone long enough to test durability...I can say it is great for a couple of months but that is as long as I can go without tinkering with the process.

Way2SSlow
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I`ve always used the WOWO method when working with KSG. I`ve never had a problem with durability either. I usually lay down two coats or three coats..one right after another. I do that because, right or wrong, I believe that I see a difference. Search for posts on the subject made by member Foxtrapper. He`s conducted a few tests and his posts are the reason I apply it like I do.