PDA

View Full Version : I hate curbs!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Imatk
09-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Just want to say I hate them... they suck.

I have now scraped my very expensive rims on a curb.... damn the curbs!! Damn them I say!!!!

BigJimZ28
09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
I am not sure what to say pat of me wants to say:

it`s Ok we have all done it

and the other part of me wants to say:

it`s not the curbs falt learn to park

todd@bsaw
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM

:har:

I don`t know how many times I say to myself "Learn how to park" or "Stop hitting stuff" while detailing someone`s car.

coupe
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I am not sure what to say pat of me wants to say:

it`s Ok we have all done it

I never have

becuase i know how to park

:lol

3wide
09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
that is why i don`t let my girlfriend, mom, sister, ect drive my cars. oh ya i never park next to a car either. door dings and curb scrapes are punishable by death in my world! :angry

Ralliart16
09-14-2007, 01:41 PM
yep.. once you get real wheels that don`t have a 5" sidewall you gotta be real careful.

I hate curbs too, thats why I don`t hit them :getdown

imported_sonyexec
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
sounds like the proverbial phone pole, light pole, tree, fence that "jumps" out in front of a drunk driver :nana:

Old Pirate
09-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I hate them too! but the wife loves them.....

Imatk
09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Gosh I guess I should take driving lessons..... or perhaps one day I can hope to be as perfect as some of you guys.

One can only dream.

UpNorth
09-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I feel your pain. Sh** happens. No one tries to hit a curb, but sometimes even careful people misjudge or get rushed. With nice rims, now it matters. I recently got a new car and admit I am sometimes closer or further from the curb than I had expected. I have started adjusting my passenger mirror so I can see the curb when I park to help me avoid any mishaps as I get used to this car. I feel like a dork, but at least I know where the curb is and can see it sneaking up on me.

For me, it think it`s not the curbs I hate but that I care.

BlackElantraGT
09-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Don`t worry man, I`ve scraped the curb on 2 of my Volk LE28 rims. Just another blemish to add to my car that says "Hey, I`m a daily driver!" I got so many dings, dents, scratches on my car that I get really pissed for a short period and then I get over it quick. Your 2nd time hitting the curb will be much less stressful LOL. So don`t feel bad, I`m not perfect either. Welcome to the club!

Ralliart16
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Don`t worry man, I`ve scraped the curb on 2 of my Volk LE28 rims. Just another blemish to add to my car that says "Hey, I`m a daily driver!" I got so many dings, dents, scratches on my car that I get really pissed for a short period and then I get over it quick. Your 2nd time hitting the curb will be much less stressful LOL. So don`t feel bad, I`m not perfect either. Welcome to the club!

ouch.. volks = $$$$$$

BlackElantraGT
09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
ouch.. volks = $$$$$$

I know :( You have no idea how pissed I was at myself. But, I will take curb rash vs. dented rims any time. Since they`re forged monoblock wheels, I`m not sure if they can even be repaired.

Imatk
09-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys I was starting to feel like perhaps I was the only person in the world to have ever hit a curb :)

Yeah my wheels are the Ford GT wheels so those babies are much more than I would care to ever spend again on wheels.

I`ll go home tonight, and clean it and try my best to lessen the obviousness of it. But I don`t know how well I`ll do :(

UDrower
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
You can repair forged monoblock wheels, no problem. There`s a place I`ve used that have repaired mine. PM me if you want their name.