PDA

View Full Version : pads feeling a lot softer after washes

joyriide1113
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
i know pads dont last forever but my pads dont feel the same anymore. the yellow cutting pad which felt really abrasive doesnt feel like it did, and the polishing pads now almost feel like finishing pads.

ive noticed the same thing happens to my eagle one tire swipes which consist of foam

any relation and why?

joy

GregCavi
06-19-2005, 08:44 PM
I know what your talking about. After continued use they just dont seem as hard as they used to be. As far as why i dont really know. Just age i guess?

Greg

Thomas Dekany
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
I know what your talking about. After continued use they just dont seem as hard as they used to be. As far as why i dont really know. Just age i guess?

Greg

My original LC pads from CMA (over 1 year old) still feel the same.

CharlesW
06-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Not to be picking on a particular manufacturer, but if the manufacturer of the pads in question was mentioned, it might help others in making a decision.
I happen to be using Meg`s pads and the only thing that happens to them is some wear around the edges when I get the pad in a tight area. I chalk it up to user abuse.:)

Charles

joyriide1113
06-19-2005, 09:12 PM
well the pads from wha i udnerstand are lake county pads that ig ot from autogeek. never used any other type of pads.

CharlesW
06-19-2005, 09:25 PM
well the pads from wha i udnerstand are lake county pads that ig ot from autogeek. never used any other type of pads.Thanks. As is often the case, one user has a problem, another user has no problems.
If there is truly some type of deterioration, maybe taking a look at the care and use might tell you something.
It seems likely that pads that are used at higher speeds, 5-6, with more pressure and more aggressive products would age faster. Pads that are used a lot and cleaned a lot would likely do the same.
Mine aren`t used at 6 very often. Mostly around 4.5. Since I only do my own and family vehicles, I actually can and do use a pad several times before I feel like I need to wash it. Someone that is having to do whatever shows up is gong to be a lot harder on pads than the hobby detailer like me.

Charles

joyriide1113
06-19-2005, 10:06 PM
thanks. didnt think about that. makes a lot of sense.

:bigups charles