PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys order - came damaged.

imported_Detailing Technology
09-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Does Chemical guys ship their products with insurance?

I just received my order and the PRO-DETAILER must have broken open during shipping. The plastic bag contained the spill, but I have lost over 30% of the product trying to transport it from a plastic bag to smaller bottles.

kompressornsc
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
If it`s UPS, it`s automatically insured up to $100. However, it`s more time consuming to fill out the paperwork than it`s worth for a couple of bucks of product.

imported_bigfoot
09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Contact Chemical Guys. They should take care of it for you...

ZoranC
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Contact Chemical Guys. They should take care of it for you...

As bigfoot said. I have never needed their customer service (they are on my way home and are nice guys, never had an issue and have been always treated more than good) but I hear it is excellent so they should be able to straighten out everything for you.

BlueZero
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
As bigfoot said. I have never needed their customer service (they are on my way home and are nice guys, never had an issue and have been always treated more than good) but I hear it is excellent so they should be able to straighten out everything for you.

I`m kind of happy I can`t get many products local. Driving by places like that, I wouldn`t be able to afford to eat. :grinno: If Danase was much closer I would have a problem.

Oh, and x3 on the calling them.

imported_Detailing Technology
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I have e-mail Chemical Guys. I cant see an issue on their part to replace the product.

Mikeyc
09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I have e-mail Chemical Guys. I cant see an issue on their part to replace the product.

I would call them. I just got an order myself and some of the Citrus Wash Soap I ordered leaked out into the plastic bag because the cap wasn`t on tight. I sent them an email to complain about it and almost a week later I`m still waiting on a response.

I`d call them with my problem, but not that much leaked out. So, I don`t really care too much.

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds like they need to tighten the caps better. Maybe the guy gets tired at the end of the day...

BlackElantraGT
09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
AutoGeek has been putting these strong stickers on the caps of my gallon jugs lately and even from FL to CA, I`ve yet to have any of their products leak on me. Rick @ ADS tapes up the cap with packaging tape and I`ve got plenty of gallon jugs from him with no leaks either. Knock on wood :)

I`ve never had to deal with their CS as they are local, but I`m sure they`ll take care of you once you get in touch with them. On a side note, is it just me or does it seem like the gallon jugs from CG seem slightly weaker than from other companies? The plastic used seems to be just a bit more flimsy.

BigAl3
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
AutoGeek has been putting these strong stickers on the caps of my gallon jugs lately and even from FL to CA, I`ve yet to have any of their products leak on me. Rick @ ADS tapes up the cap with packaging tape and I`ve got plenty of gallon jugs from him with no leaks either. Knock on wood :)

i agree it`s common sense, all you have to do is take some painters tape as well and wrap it around a few times around the bottom of the cap...

ericfine50
09-14-2007, 05:17 AM
I would call and ask for Paul. I have bought from them several times, and e-mailed them several times. They have been responsive each time I e-mailed.

Eric

Mikeyc
09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
i agree it`s common sense, all you have to do is take some painters tape as well and wrap it around a few times around the bottom of the cap...

:werd:

A lot of other on-line detailing stores have sent me bottles with the cap taped up. I know Autogeek does it and so does CMA. I can`t remember who else has done it that I`ve seen.

I don`t know if the cap came loose during shipping or if it was loose when they put it in the box, but either way some tape would have helped.