PDA

View Full Version : Personal attacks suggestion

Pages : [1] 2 3

CharlesW
06-19-2005, 02:30 PM
This idea won`t be too popular, but I for one, would definitely vote for it.

If a post contains a personal attack, delete it.

No editing by the moderators, no warnings, just delete it.
Sure, some will have a problem for a while, but they will either learn quickly or not have many posts remain on the site.
If the ones that prefer to argue and complain constanly aren`t happy, they can leave.

Charles

mtodde
06-19-2005, 02:57 PM
:yeah

Antonio Waxer
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I agree 100% with Charles.

Raven
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me! I would vote for it too!

jaybs02
06-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Charles,
The problem with that is, the ones that are making the personal attacks don`t care about the thread in the first place if they did, they wouldn`t be making personal attacks.
So the ones that suffer are the person that started it or the good members who contributed to it.

JMHO
"J"

CharlesW
06-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Charles,
The problem with that is, the ones that are making the personal attacks don`t care about the thread in the first place if they did, they wouldn`t be making personal attacks.
So the ones that suffer are the person that started it or the good members who contributed to it.

JMHO
"J"J:
Don`t delete the thread, just delete the offending post. The thread remains intact, the garbage is eliminated, the information that has value would remain.

Charles

Anthony A
06-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Not trying to be difficult but define personal attack for me. This is different things to different people and it`s not always easy to determine. Some people take constructive criticism as a personal attack. Some people you can`t joke with. Sometimes, although not often, a person needs a kick in the rear. It needs some thought IMO.

norahcrv
06-19-2005, 03:09 PM
J,
I thought what Charles was suggesting was that just the post containing the personal attack be deleted, not the entire thread. I would be in favour of that, as I don`t want to see DC become a sniping site.
Norah

jaybs02
06-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry my bad, I didn`t have my glasses on :lol

Deleting the offending post would probably work

"J"

Antonio Waxer
06-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Sometimes, although not often, a person needs a kick in the rear.

Maybe the truest statement ever posted on an online forum.

jaybs02
06-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Not trying to be difficult but define personal attack for me. This is different things to different people and it`s not always easy to determine. Some people take constructive criticism as a personal attack. Some people you can`t joke with. Sometimes, although not often, a person needs a kick in the rear. It needs some thought IMO.

Some people have a hard time with constructive criticism, but the "tone" in which it is delivered is more important, was it said in jest, is the person naturally cinical (?), or was it malicious?
Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment , that people later regret.

It`s not always an easy call

"J"

Anthony A
06-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Some people have a hard time with constructive criticism, but the "tone" in which it is delivered is more important, was it said in jest, is the person naturally cinical (?), or was it malicious?
Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment , that people later regret.

It`s not always an easy call

"J"

My point exactly. :bigups Thats why there are moderators. To make the hard calls. Then the offenders get Fuzzed :LOLOL

Bell
06-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I take offense to all of the above posts.

Anthony A
06-19-2005, 03:26 PM
I take offense to all of the above posts.

Good point. There is such a thing as being too politically correct.

jaybs02
06-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Can I ask why you take offense?