PDA

View Full Version : Glass Stove Tops

fstb88
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a glass stove top at home and no matter what kind of scrubbing I go at it with some of it still won`t come off. I`ve used claybar on it with no success. Would I be able to use DG Glass Polish on the surface without harm. What else can I use even the stuff suggested for heavy duty degreasing isn`t working. Can`t use something super abrasive due to the grey lines that define the element area.

Old Pirate
09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Just clean mine up with Cook Top Cleaning Creme for smooth top ranges. Use it with Scotch-Brite no scratch pad.:up

BlackElantraGT
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
My wife doesn`t like me cleaning the glass stove top because it`s brand new and expensive, so she`s been using the products that came with the stove. She`s the type that figures if it comes from the manufacturer, it must be made for it.

Anyway, she`s been using the Ceramabrite cleaning solution with its own, supposedly gentler scouring pad. She hasn`t been able to remove everything off until she found a bigger Ceramabrite kit at Home Depot which included a bigger solution bottle, more scouring pads, and a metal razor blade with a plastic handle attachment. She said that with the razor blade she`s finally able to get the hard baked on stuff that wasn`t coming off before.

fstb88
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Well using a razor will be fine with me I`ve done it a couple of times but was caution of the gray indicators. Scared I would scratch them off. Ill have to look into the kit but it kind of looks like parts of the glass are stained from the grease splatter and is not coming off. I`d take a picture but my camera won`t focus on the correct position.

BlackElantraGT
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Does it look pretty bad? I clean the stove top for my wife every now and then and with just a cleaner and a non-scratch scouring pad there are plenty of things that won`t come off, and this is on a new stove. So if yours is older, maybe some things are beyond removing?

Hmm, maybe I`ll go on Martha Stewart`s website later and see if she has any tips for cleaning stove tops. That might score me some brownie points with the wife too :)

fstb88
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
No its fairly new got it in `06 in December. Its my moms and she doesn`t clean it very well if I`m not there. Not to mention all of the grease splatter all over the back wall behind it. I hate flat paint.

kkreit01
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
We just bought a glass top this Spring. My manual states to use razor blade for tough stains. I`ve had some pretty bad ones, but the Whirlpool Cooktop Cleaner has removed all of them. It takes a lot of elbow grease. I then follow with the Whirlpool Protectant.

qballjr13
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I have a Jenn-Air with the flat top and only use the cleaning solutions (creams) they sell at the grocery store and a papertowl...its comes clean every time.