PDA

View Full Version : Paint Curing?

SVTsupremecy
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Ok so im getting a scratch on my door and quarter panel repainted on my 07 GT (they`re stripping down both panels or so they say) My question is...my car is in need of a detail bad! I only waxed her twice and ive had her 8-9 months.

how long should i wait to let the paint cure before i do a FULL detail on the outside.

also what order should i do this in?

Wash/claybar/wash

Menzerna NanoPolish- Polishing/light cut pad if necessary.

Duragloss 101 ..then #105

DG Aquawax 951(before or after nattys???)

Nattys blue

Also i heard i can mix 30% Red Machine Glaze with my Menzerna...thoughts???

Howd does this detail sound to some of you Pros,I only have verylight - light spider webs. I feel im going fairly light at it and might need to go more agressive and use my Nanopolish with a orange pad eventually.

Before/After photos will be taken:waxing: :buffing:

stiffdogg06
09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Search

This topic has been covered numerous times.

90 days for it to cure unless they are able to oven bake it.

You can compound/polish the day it comes home. Just don`t use a polish/wax/sealant that has fillers or some kind of sealers.

SVTsupremecy
09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
damn the car need a wax soo bad...i guess im going to have to wax everything but the new panels...and wait 3 months for a full detail. I do remember them saying they could bake it but im still gonna give it some time.

stiffdogg06
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
damn the car need a wax soo bad...i guess im going to have to wax everything but the new panels...and wait 3 months for a full detail. I do remember them saying they could bake it but im still gonna give it some time.

Yeah I would rather wait a few months for the paint to fully out gas than have bubbles under my paint..

Wash

Dry

Claybar

Menz. Nano Polish

Duragloss 105 - Personally I don`t think you`d both. I have heard 105 is amazing.

Wait 12/24hrs for 105 to cure; If this needs to cure?? You could also spit shine after 105. So you could apply Natty`s immediately after.

Apply Natty`s

Then apply AquaWax

Spit Shining Thread: Spit Shining: - Detail University - Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.detailuniversity.com/forums/school-exterior-detailing/1426-spit-shining.html)

Good Luck!

Accumulator
09-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Search

This topic has been covered numerous times.

90 days for it to cure unless they are able to oven bake it..

Slight correction- it`s at least 90 days *even if they DO* bake it ;)

I hear that OCW is safe to use on fresh paint, so much so that it`s been labeled "paintable" :eek: No first-hand experience, but I did want to pass that on. I myself stick with Meg`s #5 for four or five months, but that`s just me and I`ve been doing that since forever.

Actually, I`ve found that glazes like #5 offer a bit of protection, and if you reapply them after each wash, and wash as frequently as most people here do, it works out OK.