PDA

View Full Version : Please the real story on Adam`s

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

cvining13
09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok im very close to becomming a dealer for Adam`s polishes. I like there products alot and love the ease of use, but ive been reading here that he dosent make his own products? His claim is that he designed and made his own formulas, ive been reading here and it seams to me like some say he sources his products from outside sources that sell them cheeper then him. Most recently ive heard the name CG, also ive read that his in and out spray is also a relabled product. Can any one give me the truth to any of this, hes a great guy and an excelent bussiness man, customer service over there is also great, there prices are some time`s high. I would just like the truth and some facts to back it up.

SpoiledMan
09-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Why don`t you pay his plant a visit. I`m sure that would answer all of your questions.

03COBRA
09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
He designs most of his products, but they appear to be variations on CG products. Atleast that`s what I have determined.

But like Spoiledman said, make a visit and that may answer more questions than we can!

Todd@RUPES
09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok im very close to becomming a dealer for Adam`s polishes. I like there products alot and love the ease of use, but ive been reading here that he dosent make his own products? His claim is that he designed and made his own formulas, ive been reading here and it seams to me like some say he sources his products from outside sources that sell them cheeper then him. Most recently ive heard the name CG, also ive read that his in and out spray is also a relabled product. Can any one give me the truth to any of this, hes a great guy and an excelent bussiness man, customer service over there is also great, there prices are some time`s high. I would just like the truth and some facts to back it up, i dont want to be distrubiting products for a fraud.

I don`t know the truth, I only have my opinions what I have heard... but you tell me..

Go to Instafinish (http://www.instafinish.com.au/) which is a distributor for CG (Warner Chemical) in Australia. Then go to adams polishes. Look at the logo of their hotrod on both sites, identical. Also, instafinish used the same hotrod on there labels until recently. It should further be noted that instafinish does NOT deny the relationship between Warner Chemical and themselves..

Also, Instafinish, CG, and Adams all have similarly named products such as Buttery Wax, Buttery Wet Wax, Butter Wax (depending on the seller). I should also note that in my personal experience Adam`s Butter Wax smells the same/looks the same/feels the same/removes the same/leaves the same gloss/smells the same as CG`s Butter Wax.

The In and Out Detail Spray was also identical in use/scent/slickness/ect as CG`s detail spray.

Lastly, before they updated their site, Adam`s product descriptions where identical to CG`s.

cvining13
09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Why don`t you pay his plant a visit. I`m sure that would answer all of your questions.

Well I don’t have the liberty of doing that, like your self. Im from Massachusetts, so I don’t see that as an option in the near future, but if I do become a dealer, going to his facility was an option for training. So assuming that you weren’t joking, he does have a plant meaning he manufactures his own product? Im just looking for serious answer`s before I make a substantial investment, any knowledge you have about his products would be most appreciated. Thanks Colby

cvining13
09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I don`t know the truth, I only have my opinions what I have heard... but you tell me..

Go to Instafinish (http://www.instafinish.com.au/) which is a distributor for CG (Warner Chemical) in Australia. Then go to adams polishes. Look at the logo of their hotrod on both sites, identical. Also, instafinish used the same hotrod on there labels until recently. It should further be noted that instafinish does NOT deny the relationship between Warner Chemical and themselves..

Also, Instafinish, CG, and Adams all have similarly named products such as Buttery Wax, Buttery Wet Wax, Butter Wax (depending on the seller). I should also note that in my personal experience Adam`s Butter Wax smells the same/looks the same/feels the same/removes the same/leaves the same gloss/smells the same as CG`s Butter Wax.

The In and Out Detail Spray was also identical in use/scent/slickness/ect as CG`s detail spray.

Lastly, before they updated their site, Adam`s product descriptions where identical to CG`s.

Has any one confronted Adam on this, i would like to see what he has to say, he clamis to have developed his products him self.

Also are there prices the same?

SpoiledMan
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Well I don’t have the liberty of doing that, like your self. Im from Massachusetts, so I don’t see that as an option in the near future, but if I do become a dealer, going to his facility was an option for training. So assuming that you weren’t joking, he does have a plant meaning he manufactures his own product? Im just looking for serious answer`s before I make a substantial investment, any knowledge you have about his products would be most appreciated. Thanks Colby

I`ve only been to his store front/warehouse and don`t know if there is/isn`t a plant or not. If I were going to sink my money in something like that though the plane ticket to and from to check it out would be trivial to me.

cvining13
09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I`ve only been to his store front/warehouse and don`t know if there is/isn`t a plant or not. If I were going to sink my money in something like that though the plane ticket to and from to check it out would be trivial to me.

I hear ya, its not a very large investmnent, $3,500, but its still a good chunk of change for something hes not even making. Wish some one knew the truth to this.

Todd@RUPES
09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Has any one confronted Adam on this, i would like to see what he has to say, he clamis to have developed his products him self.

Also are there prices the same?

No the prices are much cheaper from CG. Yes I have tried to confront them on another forum and they tried to have me banned. For asking a question!

Also on digitalcorvette.com, Adam`s became a sponsor and outlawed the word Zaino. I know of a couple posters on that site that are members here and they will verify what I am saying. Adam`s marketing seems to sponser forums and ban people who question them. At first Zaino couldn`t be used(it would show up as profanity), then they would delete the threads for using the word Zaino, then they just started banning. One of the old mods from there admitted that this was done because of Adam`s and how much they where paying to be a sponsor.

Another example is that at a very big Corvetteshow, several car care compaines booths where bought out from underneath them. Who bought them? Adam`s.....

SpoiledMan
09-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I hear ya, its not a very large investmnent, $3,500, but its still a good chunk of change for something hes not even making. Wish some one knew the truth to this.

Price a ticket and add it to the cost of doing business. You can write it off if you buy in and it will be money well spent if you don`t buy in.

cvining13
09-11-2007, 08:50 PM
No the prices are much cheaper from CG. Yes I have tried to confront them on another forum and they tried to have me banned. For asking a question!

Also on digitalcorvette.com, Adam`s became a sponsor and outlawed the word Zaino. I know of a couple posters on that site that are members here and they will verify what I am saying. Adam`s marketing seems to sponser forums and ban people who question them. At first Zaino couldn`t be used(it would show up as profanity), then they would delete the threads for using the word Zaino, then they just started banning. One of the old mods from there admitted that this was done because of Adam`s and how much they where paying to be a sponsor.

Another example is that at a very big Corvetteshow, several car care compaines booths where bought out from underneath them. Who bought them? Adam`s.....

I also heard that, but i am a member of Digital Corvettes and Zaino can now be spoken about over there, if your speaking about Corvettes at Carlise, there were quite a few detailers there, Meguires, Adam`s to name a few. Also not to defend Adam i personaly watched him invite the Meguires crew to his after party. He seams to be a very nice guy and a great bussiness man. I would just like the truth to as where this stuff is comming from, I am about 98% sold on becoming a dealer for him.

BlackElantraGT
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
A little off topic, but I want to know if any fellow SoCal folks knows the answer to this.

Every now and then, my wife and I go to the Orange County "swap meet" at the OC fairgrounds. Every time I`ve been there, I see an Adam`s booth. I was just wondering if this was actually Adam`s that was selling or just an authorized distributor/reseller of Adam`s?

Todd@RUPES
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I also heard that, but i am a member of Digital Corvettes and Zaino can now be spoken about over there, if your speaking about Corvettes at Carlise, there were quite a few detailers there, Meguires, Adam`s to name a few. Also not to defend Adam i personaly watched him invite the Meguires crew to his after party. He seams to be a very nice guy and a great bussiness man. I would just like the truth to as where this stuff is comming from, I am about 98% sold on becoming a dealer for him.

Spend the money to re-label your own products from Chemical Guys and call it Eve`s Polishes IMO...

The proof is out there. Zaino can now be spoken about on DC? Maybe sometimes, but I know forum member GMBlack3a had a post deleted for no reason a couple weeks ago. Also, if you know Zaino can NOW be spoken about, what about in the past? You don`t find anything wrong with this type of marketing?

How about you save some money and buy CG`s products and compare them to the Adam`s. See if they are not the same exact product. If you are comfortable selling over priced, relabled products, then go for it. Just know who you are getting involved with an their ethics.

Also, on Corvetteforum I was constantly called out by two guys who claimed no affilation with Adams. Of course, a thread history search showed on the of the guys who set me up, writing a thread in which he chronicled Adam comming to his house... hmmm

ron231
09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I can`t say how, but I got curious one day and decided to do some investigating. Adams absolutely is 100% manufactured by Chemical Guys I can tell you that for a fact.

I do not know however if ALL adams stuff is made by CG however I do know most is, wax included.

Todd@RUPES
09-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Like I said, try his product vs. the Chemical Guys equivelent and you will KNOW where they are comming from. Its not rocket science. Also, why does he use a Warner Chemical Image (same as instafinish, who admits that they recieved the marketing picture from Warner) on his products, why where his product descriptions straight off of the CG website? You keep saying your looking for proof but I would say enough evidence is out there...

As far as Carlise, did you wonder why Zaino was working out of another sponsors booth when they booked months and months in advance. Adam`s, the company, is shady.. and not very smart, IMO. It only takes a little research to find the anwsers your looking for if you don`t believe me.