PDA

View Full Version : Leather and dash care Help please!

grecostang
09-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I Use my car more as a daily driver now and im worried about my seats starting to rip ( leather, well whats the best conditioner thats not expensive that will help keep my seats soft and protect. also i use a damp rag to clean them.

I use Armor All on my dash, (black)and im looking for a nice rich look that will protect that armor all isnt giving me. So im looking for a product that will protech my dash and my Plastic mirrors and fog light bezels with out giving the rainbow looking effect on plastic.

I was Checking out wet shine extended life gel-TRIM & TIRE,SHINE & PROTECT on Chemical guys 16ounce

And also there leather conditioner?

Just want to here your ideas on whats going to be the best for me?

thanks alot

Bigpoppa3346
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
First, clean all surfaces with Woolite:Water 1:6 or something similar. I like Optimum`s Protectant Plus for the interior, and 4* Leather Conditioner on the seats.

tom p.
09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Just want to here your ideas on whats going to be the best for me?

You should share what kind of car your working on, how old it is and what kind of condition it`s presently in. You`re likely to get more useful info (vs. people rattling of the usual 98 products they can think of).

BTW, there are already 57 threads just this year on leather care and related products.

grecostang
09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
its a 2001 mustang gt its in great shape, the person who had it before me didnt take care of the seat and it just got the rub marks on where you get in (Ie where the seat belt rubs)

grecostang
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I also forgot to add, im looking for a Leather conditioner that make it a little shine with good uv protection while keeping leather soft and with a smell of leather!

what you guys using out there for leather and dashboard and black plastic

tom p.
09-12-2007, 08:50 AM
This is the only product I`ve seen that claims to offer "UV protection": Leather Fabric Protection, Fading Sun Damage (http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/UVgrd.htm)

I use the 1Z products (Tiefenpfleger and Cockpit Premium) on the interior.

Statman
09-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I use Aero 303 for dash and leather areas with high sun exposure....done it for 3 years in my Porsche and the dash looks new. I use Zaino on all other leather parts (and there is a lot of leather in the turbo).

csimian
09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I use Pinnacle leather conditioner and Pinnacle Rubber & Vinyl protectant. They offer UV protection.

grecostang
09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
statman do you use 303 Aerospace Protectant> what kind of shine does it give your dash?

still thinking which leather conditioner to go with

Crusader101
09-13-2007, 08:41 AM
PB`s Leather Stuff. Leaves behind a pleasant leather aroma. :) It also works great on my leather jacket. Also, try something other than the ArmorAll on your dash, I`ve always had nice results with Megs #40. Gives it a nice, clean sheen.