PDA

View Full Version : Hazy Swirls

svramusi
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a proper course of action for the following problem:

I recently purchased a new WRX and of course the first thing that I did was wash/polish/wax it. I used:

Sonus car wash

Klasse AIO polish

Meguiars NXT wax (2 coats)

Whenever the car is out in direct sunlight it looks decent but whenever it is slightly overcast or dark and under lights it looks like there are hazy/cloudy swirls all over the car

I know it is kind of hard to see what I`m talking about from the above picture. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Would it be my polish/waxing method or my washing method? I`m using a microfiber wash mitt and MF towels to dry. Whenever I applied the polish/wax I didn`t use a MF applicator, could this be the problem? I have washed and waxed many cars before but this is the first time that I have seen this problem. It isn`t normal swirls but it almost looks as if there is a cloudy haze on the car.

Thanks in advance.

BigJimZ28
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
the problem is KAIO is a great chemical cleaner but not much in the way of a "polish"

do you have a PC?

svramusi
09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
No I don`t have a PC. Do you suggest not using KAIO or should I use that in addition to a real polish?

BigJimZ28
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
other might have something different to say but I don`t think you can fix that without a machine

you could use a glaze to help hide it but I would just get a PC/UDM or find someone to do it for you

svramusi
09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Hmmm ... I would be worried about using a PC, can you damage your paint by using a PC. I heard that swirl marks are the worst thing that a PC can do to the paint, is this true??

BigJimZ28
09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Hmmm ... I would be worried about using a PC, can you damage your paint by using a PC. I heard that swirl marks are the worst thing that a PC can do to the paint, is this true??

what???

you have swirl marks..... a PC will fix them

click on the how to on the top of the page and start reading

bwlucas
09-13-2007, 09:19 AM
You can really only damage your paint if you`re using a rotary and don`t know what you`re doing.

I`ve been using my PC for over a year now, no problems.

imported_Dave KG
09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
No need to worry about damaging your paint with a PC - they are user friendly tool and unless the paint is very very thin (abnormally so), then you`ve little to worry about.

Cassman
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Very basic foundational question: Do you know what a PC is? You do know that a PC is not a rotary, right?