PDA

View Full Version : Diluting QD.

mjpowers728
09-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Do any of you guys dilute your QD? Mainly those who buy in bulk, I`d assume. The stuff I got at work seems too thick, as in it doesn`t wipe easily and needs a lot of buffing to remove the residue. It doesn`t say anything about diluting, but I was thinking adding some water might help a bit. Yay or nay?

Dailyshine
09-11-2007, 06:36 AM
What kind of QD do you have?

Personally, I`ve never heard of a QD being sold in a concentrated form. The only thing that comes to mind is ONR which can be diluted to QD strength, but unless I`m mistaken, I think that`s it. Maybe what you are using isn`t reacting well with your LSP?

I say that, because I recently used 1z "Lackfinish" over Souveran paste and it was grabby and smeared something awful. This was the first time using it in a while and the first time using it over Souveran. I had to use QS to clean it up. Never had that problem before with any QD/LSP combination, so I chalked it up to not liking the LSP.

wannafbody
09-11-2007, 08:21 AM
the only QD I dilute is Z6-if it`s extremely thick you can try to dilute it but you will decrease the lubrication qualities

mjpowers728
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
It`s Carbrite`s Finish Shine Plus spray wax.

It`s fine as it is when I use it for clay lube or to moisten my applicators, but sometimes after I finish prepping cars for delivery (yup, I`m at a dealership), they could use a wipedown `cause of smudges and such, and it`s way too thick to work efficiently.

mjpowers728
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
To add, I don`t use it after applying the "Total Protection Plan" paint sealant they sell, I only use it on "bare" paint.

SVR
09-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Diluting is fine for FC&S, AW, Prima Slick and any others that do not have much or any protection in them

Driven`s Quick spray is one I recommend as it has to be diluted to work and 473ml makes one gallon of this QD/Sealant spray/Paint brightener/Glass cleaner

CptMidway
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM
CG`s detail spray says it can be diluted up to 3:1 with distilled water.

SVR
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Lackfinish raindance is sort of like a concentrate. It is best to dilute with purified RO Water