PDA

View Full Version : Scratched from an Air Condition repair shop

hXc drummer23
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
My mom brought her 2005 trailblazer to have the blower motor replaced for the air on it. This happened 3000 miles after the warranty was up. Well anyway, I just washed the car yesterday and didn`t see any scratches. Today when I came home from school, I noticed scratches all over the hood. Me and my dad went to the A/C place and the guy said it looks like a dog or a cat climbed of the hood and scratched it. The scratches were almost as thin as swirls but a lot deeper. Well anyway the guy took some Nu Finish wax and some shop paper towels and did that. He said the scratches were coming right out. Now correct me if I`m wrong, but wouldn`t the Nu Finish just fill in the scratches?

I was more pissed than my parents were. When I got home, I took some Scratch-X and a cutting pad with my PC and tried the best I could to fix the scratches. I then finished the rest of the hood off with the Mothers 3-step wax system. It came out pretty good, Ill try to get pictures tomorrow. But is there any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Ralliart16
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
yes, i would suggest not letting anyone use paper shop towels to polish your paint LOL

tCspool
09-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Threat of legal action is my favorite tool (depending on all of the facts of course!).