PDA

View Full Version : Prior cleaner before Vintage

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
09-10-2007, 08:06 AM
What to use before Vintage? HD-Cleanse, (pain to use), Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, or just a good cleaner like Men. PO85RD (leaves a nice finish).

imported_DieselMDX
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
i heard victoria lite cleanse is suppose to be good

DM101
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah I have some of that. My give it a shot. The PO85RD with a finishing pad Does wonders of removing prior products.

steelwind101
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi!!

Why is it when ever Zymol is mentioned most detailers (Autopians) seem to loose there mind!?

Prep your car as you would normally with the products that bring the best out in it. If you have a light metalic then i personally think RMG would be a good hit.

VM for darker colours with less obvious metalic pop or solids and so on and so forth for what ever you need.

I have had Destiny for sometime and have different prep for my different tailored for each of my cars and i believe it makes a noticable difference. I would just say that if you seal the paintwork first (which i dont advise with a premium wax) then you will find that Zymol does require that second buff and hour or to later (even more so in warmer climates) to do deal with the excess oils not finding there way in to the paintwork.

Geoff

DM101
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM
What I want is to take advantage of the high content of carnuba wax found in Vintage. I want to see the Vintage shine and not some other products. Yes I can get a super shine with Men. PO85RD, RMG, Vintage , but thats not what I want. Thanks steelwind!

Hi!!

Why is it when ever Zymol is mentioned most detailers (Autopians) seem to loose there mind!?

Prep your car as you would normally with the products that bring the best out in it. If you have a light metalic then i personally think RMG would be a good hit.

VM for darker colours with less obvious metalic pop or solids and so on and so forth for what ever you need.

I have had Destiny for sometime and have different prep for my different tailored for each of my cars and i believe it makes a noticable difference. I would just say that if you seal the paintwork first (which i dont advise with a premium wax) then you will find that Zymol does require that second buff and hour or to later (even more so in warmer climates) to do deal with the excess oils not finding there way in to the paintwork.

Geoff

Accumulator
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
What to use before Vintage? HD-Cleanse, (pain to use), Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, or just a good cleaner like Men. PO85RD (leaves a nice finish).

Heh heh, hope you try the PCL so I know how it`ll work ;)

DM101
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I have used PCL with Souveran. It does not seem like it cleans much. It acts like it is just adding a glaze.

Heh heh, hope you try the PCL so I know how it`ll work ;)

Accumulator
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I have used PCL with Souveran. It does not seem like it cleans much. It acts like it is just adding a glaze.

I`ve only used it before Souveran too. I thought it worked OK for light cleaning (like old wax) and I liked using it to keep the white paint of my VW wagon clean (man was *that* a long time ago).

I even use it around the house now and then to clean things like fiberglass shower stalls.

But come to think of it, I have the older version of PCL and IIRC it`s a bit more aggressive than today`s stuff.

imported_DieselMDX
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
when will you have vintage mdrx?

DM101
09-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Got it now. I just sent it back for the first refill. I used HD Cleanse but it is hard to work with. I also used Men. PO85RD with a finishing pad and it really cleaned and shined the surface ready for a LSP. Thanks for asking

when will you have vintage mdrx?

imported_DieselMDX
09-11-2007, 01:35 PM
your kidding right u already sent tit back for a refill????

did they accept so soon???

How did u use SO much wax???

gfspencer
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I use HD-Cleanse before I use any of zymöl’s Estate Waxes. Right now I am using zymöl Glasur Glaze and HD-Cleanse works just fine with that particular wax. That said, I suspect there are other cleaners that would work just as well. I just haven`t found them.

DM101
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I have done several relatives cars. I over apply. Something I have never learned to do is use less. I played around some by adding polycharger and coconut oil. But the playing has stopped. Nothing is as good as plain Vintage wax! Remember I wax at least once a week. Takes away all the frustrations in life. And I have had my share. Just waiting on God to change the red RX8 to a red Vette Z06. He will, I have faith.

your kidding right u already sent tit back for a refill????

did they accept so soon???

How did u use SO much wax???

imported_DieselMDX
09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
so they gave no problem with you asking for a refill within a few weeks? Even if you did relative cars and your own that is alot of wax I mean the thinner the better in regards to wax

Did they ask any questions on why or how u used so much? I mean I would be sceptical you were selling or giving it away. did they ask u if you charged your family members for the use of the wax?

sorry for so many question but wow if u can refill that often, I am buying a tub and making a killing SELLING it.

imported_DieselMDX
09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
BTW I want pics and not from a camera phone :-)