PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, NEWB here!

Mike281
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to say hi - my name is Mike (bet you couldn`t tell, eh? haha) I`m from Pittsburgh, PA (go steelers!). I`m 27 years old, been detailing cars on the side since I was 12, mostly for family and friends but had a regular base of customers for several years. It`s been great `extra` money for me over the years and I really enjoy doing it. I work on cars often, mechanically and aestetically - they ARE my hobby for sure. My dad and I just recently finished up doing a pro-touring resto on his `70 chevelle, so needless to say I plan to keep it looking 110% all of the time and it seems like you guys have the info to help me do that.

Anyway, I`ve been thinking about stepping up to a good machine for a while now, either a rotary or a UDM and was searching for info on google when I found you guys. I`ve been lurking for over a month now, learning all that I can about a whole new world of detailing I barely knew existed. This is an AMAZING resource - lots of great info and knowledgeable people here.

So, just wanted to introduce myself - I`ll probably read more than I`ll post for a while, but I hope to get to know some of you!

Have a good one!

Low Tech
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Welcome, Mike - There are a few `burghers hanging out here. Just got back from the Steelers/Bills game, in fact.

I`m just a hobbyist, myself... But lots of great info and good folks here... Enjoy!