PDA

View Full Version : ksg application

baker
09-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Using Klasse SG, do you use it as a wipe on wipe off, or let it dry first. The bottle says let dry, but I find it fairly hard to remove after it dries, and yea I did put it on very lightly. It is a bit sunny on the car, but not too hot. Maybe this makes it dry too fast and hard to remove. Should I only do it on a cool car in the shade.

porta
09-09-2007, 09:48 AM
I always work inside. If you are outside, stay in the shade.

imported_Dave KG
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Try to get out of the heat/bright light as I`ve found this can cause the product to bake while its drying, bake onto the paint and be tougher to remove...

Its got to be thin thin thin thin... For application, I prefer to put a little in a spray bottle and then spritz the applicator pad with it and then apply to keep the layers as thin as I can make them...

Accumulator
09-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Using Klasse SG, do you use it as a wipe on wipe off, or let it dry first..

People do it both ways and both camps seem to think that their method is best.

FWIW, I find that the longer I let it set up the easier it buffs off. But I`m applying indoors in a controlled environment and I apply so thinly that I can`t really see it on the paint.

Fogging the surface with your breath will make it easier to buff off, the tiny bit of condensation seems to help a lot and never caused any detrimental effects for me.

EclassBenz
09-09-2007, 01:30 PM
ive found it very hard to remove in the sun. if it gets to the point where you have to rub really hard to remove it, just reapply over the area using a wipe on wipe off method. i think the new ksg you put on helps loosen up the baked in layer. optimally i like to have the car in the shade or garage, do one side of the car and go back and buff off.

EclassBenz
09-09-2007, 01:33 PM
dont get discouraged by ksg once you get the hang of it, it is really easy.

mongo
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
dont get discouraged by ksg once you get the hang of it, it is really easy.

Yup once mastered its about the easiest thing to use. Put it on very thinly and around the whole vehicle then remove it, letting it dry will bring out the richness of color more.

Jesstzn
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
To remove it I use a M/F pluch towel very lightly misted with distilled water. If the SG is applied thinly like it should be it flashes almost immediatly anyway so its basically dry.

I have used this method for a couple of years now and in my and customers cars I see no longivity issues.