PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a PC 7424

Matt94MR2
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I`m finally buying a polisher after many years of waxing my cars by hand. I`ve been lurking the forums for a while and I`ll probably have more questions once my PC arrives. I bought this kit (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html) from autogeek. Here`s the plan so far:
1. Wash car
2. Mother`s clay bar
3. Wash car
4. Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with PC
5. Meguiars Cleaner/Wax (with PC?), I have a bunch of this stuff laying around

Any feedback?

norahcrv
06-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi Matt & :welcome to the City!!!

Congrats on the PC purchase - your fun has just begun!! ;)

jaybs02
06-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi Matt :welcome

Congrats on the PC purchase,

on step 5, instead of a cleaner/wax you may want to follow up with either SSR1 or meg`s #9 with a polishing pad (I`m partial to SSR1)
step 6
you could use the meg`s cleaner/wax here but I prefer either AIO, Pro Polish, or PwC with a finishing pad
step 7
apply favorite LSP (if you use the cleaner/wax, top with a carnuaba)

Good luck, and welcome to the obsession

"J"

montster2000
06-18-2005, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the City.Cograts on getting the pc,this is where the fun begins. :welcome

Waxxy
06-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Welcome to Detail City!

JaredPointer
06-20-2005, 08:23 AM
:welcome If you`re polishing, I would skip the whole extra wash after the clay. There`s no point in it IMO. I would also look into a longer lasting LSP than the Meg`s cleaner wax. If you want something locally, look into Meg`s NXT or the new Mother`s stuff. Congrats on your PC purchase. :)

CharlesW
06-20-2005, 09:27 AM
I`m finally buying a polisher after many years of waxing my cars by hand. I`ve been lurking the forums for a while and I`ll probably have more questions once my PC arrives. I bought this kit (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html) from autogeek. Here`s the plan so far:
1. Wash car
2. Mother`s clay bar
3. Wash car
4. Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with PC
5. Meguiars Cleaner/Wax (with PC?), I have a bunch of this stuff laying around

Any feedback?While I haven`t had the problem, I have read that Meg`s #83 will sometimes leave some hazing. Probably depends on the paint. Because of that, you might want to do a pretty good inspection befor you apply your LSP.

Just my opinion, but since you have a bunch of the Meg`s Cleaner/Wax laying around, it`s because you weren`t happy enough with the results to use it up.
You might want to consider giving it away and trying something else.

Charles

Matt94MR2
06-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome and advice everyone. I think I`m going to use Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze my first time since it is less abrasive and my paint isn`t that bad. About the wax, I`ve been meaning to try Meg`s NXT wax so I will probably go with that. I have two cans of the cleaner/wax which is why I was initially going to use it. I guess I`ll just have to find another use for it.

shimshimhada
06-24-2005, 05:14 AM
I`m thinking about ordering a PC 7424 as well; these things are dummy-proof right? Orbital buffers can`t harm the clearcoat or finish correct? I`m kind of intimidated using a machine.

Patrick
06-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Only if you dont heed the advice givin here!
Improper pad and product selection will yield undesirable results....If in doubt, always ask someone with more experience.....I`d say your off to a good start!

Matt94MR2
07-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Used the PC today for the first time but ran out of daylight before I could finish the car. The results are much better then anything I was ever able to get by hand. The difference between the polished and non-polished areas was very noticeable. The polished areas where a brighter white and more reflective. Here is what I`ve done so far:
1. Washed car
2. Clayed car (Mother`s)
3. Used PC with Orange (light cutting) pad and DACP
4. Put the car cover back on and called it a night
http://tinypic.com/6nxhz8.jpg
plan for tomorrow is:
5. Use PC with White (polishing) pad and Meg`s SR 2.0
6. NXT wax

Anyone know of any good tutorials on repairing rock chips?

Woob
07-02-2005, 10:24 AM
http://bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=27

Keep at it! I love my PC to death.