PDA

View Full Version : Not getting results

technomafia
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I have an 02 VW jetta. paint is in good condition with scratches and swirls. I tried using a LC orange and megs. #83 and am not getting any results. Honestly if I use my #80 with an LC white it seems like the exact same result as the #83. The fins scratch marks are not coming out. I might as well have done it by hand. i was expecting alot better results. can anyone tell me why?

99blackSE
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
How are you using the product? PC? Rotary? How many passes? Working time?

VW paint is pretty hard, it might take you a couple passes. I will wait for some others to chime in though :)

danponjican
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
What machine are you using? PC, UDM, cyclo, rotary? What speeds? There are many factors why you are not getting results.

technomafia
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Im spreading the product on at 2 speed and kicking it up to 5 til its turns clear. about 3min. or so im PCing it. im using a 7424

stiffdogg06
09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Turn to speed 6 for correcting.

sQuashed
09-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Crank it up and slow down. Also, dont be afraid to put some pressure on the machine(bog it )!!

Accumulator
09-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds like the paint might just be too hard for the orange/#83 combo. If it`s anything like the clear on our Audis, the only way I can do correction in a timely manner (without the rotary) is to use 4" pads, and a very aggressive product for the initial work (something like HT EC). Speed six, numerous passes. Correction of hard clear via PC is very, very slow going. I`ve spent well over an hour per panel, and they weren`t all *that* marred up either.

doc-rice
09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I`ll chime in since I`ve used the #83 / LC orange / PC combo on my `01 GTI. It took me at least two passes per panel to make it decent. This was my very first detail and I went deliberately slow on it (probably 12+ hours on just the #83 alone). This was at speed 5.5 with maybe a little pressure against the paint. There are still some marks that I need to get out, so I`ll be doing another pass or two at it, although this time with SIP.