PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know who purchase Perfacar?

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Just found out the company was bought, curious if anyone knows by who?

klumzypinoy
09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
It was bought? wow how`d you find out? I don`t know anything really.

AL-53
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
was that the Guy in Mass...if so he was very close to me and I never knew it...he had some killer deals at one time....but then the site was gone....

Al

klumzypinoy
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Hmm Perfecar is in Las Vegas..

AL-53
09-06-2007, 07:54 PM
ok..I remember now...that was ben vegas the wax man...he was making his own wax...or trying to....

I know who they are now

AL

imported_Detailing Technology
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I read Chemical Guys took them over in July.

kidding.

danforz
09-08-2007, 03:44 AM
I found out when I called them regarding my beta wax shipment, it have never arrived. Turned out I purchased the wax the day after they closed shop :(

Shame, sounded like a good wax too (63% white)

klumzypinoy
09-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I found out when I called them regarding my beta wax shipment, it have never arrived. Turned out I purchased the wax the day after they closed shop :(

Shame, sounded like a good wax too (63% white)

So what`s happening with Perfecar now?

danforz
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
So what`s happening with Perfecar now?

Nothing. The buy out company has yet to collect all the material, or do anything else with it. They were purchased by a competitor, as a means of reducing competition. So it may just end up being put in the bin

BlackElantraGT
09-11-2007, 01:45 AM
That`s interesting. Most of their products were relabeled CG products. They never seemed to be a big player so that`s weird that a competitor would buy them out. Are you sure they just didn`t go out of business?

I bought from them once and I can`t say I was happy with how they do business. I bought the beta wax along with some items from their store. It took them quite awhile to ship out because to save on shipping, they waited on the beta wax and shipped the items together. I wouldn`t have had a problem with that if I was told about it, but they never notified me. And then once it was supposedly shipped, it took a long time to deliver, considering it was only coming from Vegas and I`m in SoCal. When I received my package, I noticed they had shipped first class (which is pretty fast) but they completely lied about the weight of the package (in order to ship it as first class). I think that was why shipment was delayed by the post office.

klumzypinoy
09-11-2007, 06:38 PM
That`s interesting. Most of their products were relabeled CG products. They never seemed to be a big player so that`s weird that a competitor would buy them out. Are you sure they just didn`t go out of business?

I bought from them once and I can`t say I was happy with how they do business. I bought the beta wax along with some items from their store. It took them quite awhile to ship out because to save on shipping, they waited on the beta wax and shipped the items together. I wouldn`t have had a problem with that if I was told about it, but they never notified me. And then once it was supposedly shipped, it took a long time to deliver, considering it was only coming from Vegas and I`m in SoCal. When I received my package, I noticed they had shipped first class (which is pretty fast) but they completely lied about the weight of the package (in order to ship it as first class). I think that was why shipment was delayed by the post office.

Hmm interesting...how did you like their beta wax? I got the last batch. I didn`t notice a difference except for beading and some slickness. It sucks that they were bought out. I hope they`re still developing their waxes.

danforz
09-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Hmm interesting...how did you like their beta wax? I got the last batch. I didn`t notice a difference except for beading and some slickness. It sucks that they were bought out. I hope they`re still developing their waxes.

They aren`t working on the waxes anymore. The company pretty much ceases to exist until its buyer does something with it.

BlackElantraGT
09-11-2007, 07:29 PM

I received batch #25 and batch #33. #25 was one of the best beading products I`ve used so far and seemed to bring out the metallic flakes on my father-in-law`s car. Application and removal wasn`t so bad if it was applied thinly. The beading fell off quickly but I was expecting that since Ben was going more for a beauty wax from my understanding than a durable wax.

#33 for me was a PITA. QD wouldn`t remove it, neither did 50/50 IPA or KAIO by hand. I had to break out the PC on 6 with KAIO and a polishing pad to get that stuff off, and it took a few passes in some areas. I quit ordering any more of the beta waxes, especially since they weren`t free. I also noticed that my posts about the negative experience of #33 were removed on his forum.

klumzypinoy
09-12-2007, 05:33 AM
I received batch #25 and batch #33. #25 was one of the best beading products I`ve used so far and seemed to bring out the metallic flakes on my father-in-law`s car. Application and removal wasn`t so bad if it was applied thinly. The beading fell off quickly but I was expecting that since Ben was going more for a beauty wax from my understanding than a durable wax.

#33 for me was a PITA. QD wouldn`t remove it, neither did 50/50 IPA or KAIO by hand. I had to break out the PC on 6 with KAIO and a polishing pad to get that stuff off, and it took a few passes in some areas. I quit ordering any more of the beta waxes, especially since they weren`t free. I also noticed that my posts about the negative experience of #33 were removed on his forum.

hmm removed from the forum....that is weird. Oh well, there`s a lot of great products anyways, so many vendors to choose from :D

BlackElantraGT
09-12-2007, 05:43 AM
The worst detailing related products I ever purchased were Perfecar`s air freshener kit, which are just CG relabeled air fresheners. They don`t work one bit. The scent is literally gone right after you spray. The only use I can get out of them is if I reuse the bottle/sprayer. Otherwise, the products were the worst junk I`ve bought to date.