PDA

View Full Version : ONR Washing...

purplenurple
09-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Whats the best thing to be used with ONR to prevent marring - Ultim-Mitt, MF Mitt, or a MF towel (not fluffy)? Also, what should I spray the surface with before hand? Water? ONR Mixture?

Also, can I mix something in with the ONR for that `just waxed` look? I have some Megs spray wax that I dont use, also Pinnacle and WG QD and AW

THanks.

Scottwax
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html

ron231
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I would forst pre-soak the surface with ONR at QD strength liberally to help encapsulate the dirt and increase lubricity (just another way to prevent swirls). I use either a nice MF mitt (the dreadlock type ones or the blue ones that target sells that are fluffy and frayed) or a really good MF towel (chemical guys elite are the best, better than every cobra mf period). Also, you can add some of your AW to the mixture if you so desire, it should help out with gloss and protection afterwards.

However, I do not follow optimum`s directions for dilution. I make the QD at about 7oz per gallon and the wash at about 1.5oz per gallon. Reason being, I feel it adds extra lubrication and yet does not caue streaking or stripping of LSP.

purplenurple
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
OK, thanks. I dont really have MFs with long threads so would a MF mitt or LC Ultimit (like shmitt) work better?

ron231
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
No you cannot u a shmitt or a LC mitt, these are fine for regular washing but not ONR.

Buy some quality MFs from chemical guys, get the 12 pack of the elites and you will not regret it. Besides you need to have good MFs unless you enjoy swirl marks.

If you dont have MFs with "long fibers" what are you using to remove wax, sealant, polish? What do you use to QD?

nyczyang27
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
can i use a genuine wool wash mit?

purplenurple
09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
No you cannot u a shmitt or a LC mitt, these are fine for regular washing but not ONR.

Buy some quality MFs from chemical guys, get the 12 pack of the elites and you will not regret it. Besides you need to have good MFs unless you enjoy swirl marks.

If you dont have MFs with "long fibers" what are you using to remove wax, sealant, polish? What do you use to QD?

I use standard MFs. I know that there are extra plush MFs with longer fibers or stands, so thats what I was refering to.

dfwgixxer
09-06-2007, 07:44 PM
A wool wash mitt work really well with ONR. You can get a good one at WalMart and Excel Detail has some really nice ones.

ron231
09-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I use standard MFs. I know that there are extra plush MFs with longer fibers or stands, so thats what I was refering to.

When you say standard do you mean like an eye-glass MF or like the cheap detailing MFs you see in costco or BJs?

When you order the 12 pack of CG elite towels they are abtu $3 a piece and they last forever, way longer than my cheap ones.

Target has some alright microfiber, their large gray ones are awesome.

I highly suggest you invest in good microiber or you may see many more swirls in the near future.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I really really prefer presoaking with a mix of NRWS and water (I use a 1 Gal sprayer) ..........I think it makes a huge difference......

Tronix
09-07-2007, 02:54 AM
I really really prefer presoaking with a mix of NRWS and water (I use a 1 Gal sprayer) ..........I think it makes a huge difference......

definately! i too use this method, and have had good results. I let it sit for a bit before wiping down with my lake country ulti-mitt. afterwards i blot dry with a ww towel. works great!

JRock10
09-07-2007, 05:56 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html

something tells me you have this link stored for quick posting.

Scottwax
09-07-2007, 08:13 AM
something tells me you have this link stored for quick posting.

I got tired of posting my ONR method from scratch each time. Linking that post is easier. ;)