PDA

View Full Version : Pad that comes with the 7424??

technomafia
09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
the white pad they give you with the 7424 is it good to use?? what kind of pad would that be considered, a white polishing pad???

coupe
09-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Dont use it on your paint

DantheMan
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
That pad got demoted to shower/refrigerator pad as soon as it came out of the box..

Patman
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
How about the white pad that comes on the UDM, is that one any better?

JasonD
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
How about the white pad that comes on the UDM, is that one any better?

Yes, totally different. The DAS pads are my favorite.

Rob22315
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
That pad got demoted to shower/refrigerator pad as soon as it came out of the box..

Can I use it under 6" wool or MF bonnets or is that even too close to my paint?

RG

JasonD
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Can I use it under 6" wool or MF bonnets or is that even too close to my paint?

RG

Sure! That would actually be a good use for it.

Bythehour
09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, totally different. The DAS pads are my favorite.

the DAS pads are an option, or bought as part of a kit. The standard 6" white pad that comes with the UDM is not DAS.

JasonD
09-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Hmm, I didn`t know that. I didn`t even realize the UDM came with a pad at all if you don`t buy the polisher/pad kit. Oh well, sorry about that. I will look into this and find out exactly what "white pad" comes with the bare UDM.

Bythehour
09-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Hmm, I didn`t know that. I didn`t even realize the UDM came with a pad at all if you don`t buy the polisher/pad kit. Oh well, sorry about that. I will look into this and find out exactly what "white pad" comes with the bare UDM.

Please do look into it and let us know, as I haven`t been brave enough to use the pad that came with the kit. It was not wrapped, and simply thrown into the box.

Patman
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Yep, I ordered the UDM "swirl buster" kit from eShine.ca and got the three free LC 6.5" pads with it (plus I bought an extra fourth one as well), and inside the actual UDM box was a white polishing pad, I believe it`s a 6" pad.

JasonD
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I bought the full DAS kit because I already knew that I loved the DAS pads, and the ones that come with the UDM/DAS kit are the new and improved version that I never got around to buying yet anyway, so it worked out good for me.

Autopia only makes the Sonus line of pads, which are either the DAS or the SFX pads, so I just assumed it was one of the two.

I will check and let you guys know, but I would be very surprised to find out that David supplied his polisher with a poor quality pad, especially with his new top of the line machine. It`s just not in his nature to use anything less than the best.

Eliot Ness
09-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Please do look into it and let us know, as I haven`t been brave enough to use the pad that came with the kit. It was not wrapped, and simply thrown into the box.The following thread has some info on the pad that ships with the UDM:

http://autopia.org/forum/ultimate-detailing-machine/95855-stock-basic-white-udm-pad.html