PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys compounds/polishes

ron231
09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Everything I have used from chemicalguys so far has been amazing, especially their microiber. But I have never used their compounds, or their body shop compounds.

I would like to try one, but I would also like some infor before buying. Has anyone here tried any?? How about their pro polish and AIO?

BlackElantraGT
09-04-2007, 10:20 PM
The only polish I`ve tried from them is their AIO, and unless it`s been reformulated recently, I would stay away from it. It dusts way too much for the type of product it is. Hardly did any any correction nor filling and its cleaning abilities aren`t great. It didn`t improve the appearance very much either, nor would I trust it alone for protection. Your money would be better spent on any other AIO.

kleraudio
09-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Have you used the Poorboys SSR line, that is the Chemical guys stuff rebottled. They do their job but they dust like a mother.

oh yea: which mf`s of there`s have you used?

Jim

ron231
09-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Have you used the Poorboys SSR line, that is the Chemical guys stuff rebottled. They do their job but they dust like a mother.

oh yea: which mf`s of there`s have you used?

Jim

Is the SSR line their regular or body shop compounds rebottled? Paul on the phone said he likes the body shop line better.

Setec Astronomy
09-05-2007, 01:57 AM
It`s the regular line that has the same colors as the SSRs.

namegoeshere
09-05-2007, 05:23 AM
I have their Diamond Cut 1500 and Diamond Cut 7.0 compounds.

They work pretty good. I think DC 1500 could be a tad bit stronger, but otherwise it works very well. You just have to work it in a while. No problems with dusting either unless the pad gets caked.

imported_smprince1
09-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Have you used the Poorboys SSR line, that is the Chemical guys stuff rebottled.

Jim

I`ve maybe missed some threads .... is this FACT or speculation? Not trying to start another big argument but I thought maybe I missed something.

Setec Astronomy
09-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I`ve maybe missed some threads .... is this FACT or speculation? Not trying to start another big argument but I thought maybe I missed something.

Leave it alone.

imported_smprince1
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Got it ... wasn`t trying to make trouble just wanted clarification. It`s not that important to KNOW anyway .... if you like the product and the vendor, then give them your business.

I apologize and I won`t bring it up again.

Setec Astronomy
09-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey, no apology necessary to me, it was just a friendly warning that people tend to get timeouts or worse whenever this comes up.

imported_smprince1
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey, if an apology can defuse things and avoid an argument I`ll gladly go it. I`ve been married too long to have not learned that lesson :)

I come here to learn and share .... the last thing I want is silly arguing and bickering over auto polish...