PDA

View Full Version : Ah, expert advice needed: Is this fixable, and how to do it?

paradoxbox
09-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Howdy all. I recently acquired an RX-7 FD in good shape with low miles, however it is VERY dirty. It was stored outside for quite some time near a port, sea salt and acid rain got to it a bit. Fortunately the paint is actually not damaged in most spots. However, when I gave the car a good wash I noticed a bunch of very light scuffing/marring on some of the panels.

Do you think that I can get these scuffs off, and how should I go about doing it? They are mainly located on the pillars, rear quarter panels and the doors.

Please ignore all the bright white stuff, all of that is just hard water/wax/acid rain from being outside so long without cleaning.

Here`s a picture. I`ve highlighted my concern areas with red circles. None of the scratches are deep enough to catch a fingernail on, in fact most are totally smooth. Again, ignore all the white crap that I did not circle, it was just some crud that has since been cleaned off without ill effect.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9638/rxpaintfixsu7.jpg