PDA

View Full Version : 350z door panel cleaning?

SoCal Guy
09-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Has anyone had any experience cleaning the interior door panel of a 350z? It has sort of a rubbery raised texture that seems to trap any dressing that is applied to it.

I have areas of blotchiness where the dressing has accumulated. I want to start over and want to know if applying a soapy water solution might help. I don`t want to dry up

the panel and make it worse. I need to keep it dressed with some thing due to the extreme heat where i live but don`t know what to use. :help:

BigAl3
09-02-2007, 09:55 AM
if you have some, try using some APC (all purpose cleaner) to clean it up and from there, there are many different options to dress the interior (303, etc)...

kapinnn
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Save yourself time and forget about it. I`ve tried everything from APC to a Steamer and nothing worked out. What year is your Z?

imported_fishbonezken
09-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I`ve tried cleaning the interior door panel with APC(10:1), it still doesn`t give an even look, try to use a dressing that is not greasy or does not add any shine.

If not, try a quick interior detailer product.

here is a pic of the door panel if anyone wants to see it. This is before cleaning

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/11/23/11/62/3111.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=433&u=11231162)

kleraudio
09-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey man, I worked on a BMW once with the same sort of inner door panels, and alot of dirt trapped in the raised texture of the panel. I used alot of things but nothing worked. So I mixed up some Megs APC 10:1 and it took the dirt right off. It took about 3 applications to get it perfectly clean but it will work. APC is an interior life saver! Give it a shot and let us know.

Jim

SoCal Guy
09-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up trying a diluted mixture of Apc and it seemed to have at least gotten the panel to look less blotchy

but it is still not an even look. I also used some quick detailer and very gently scrubbed with a foam pad. That door is one of the trickiest panels

i`ve seen do detail, I don`t think dressing was meant to be put on it. With the outside temp being 113+ lateley I get nervous about not having

those panels UV protected like the rest of the interior, I might do some research into the Ultima Interior products they look promising.

Pats300zx
09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
The 350Z door panels can be such a PITA with the raised texture. Its one of the few things that I hate on this vehicles interior. If you have someone that applied a silicone based dressing to it then it can be a nightmare to get clean. The panel will constantly look splotchy.

I just wiped mine down with some woolite and water to keep them clean. Meguiars QID also seems to help also.

kleraudio
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Just read that you used APC 10:1 with no results. You should really give 6:1 a shot, and if that doesnt work I would go 4:1. The Megs APC caused no damage when I used it at 4:1 on some interiors.

Jim

NavindraLR
09-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Save yourself time and forget about it. I`ve tried everything from APC to a Steamer and nothing worked out. What year is your Z?

bump for the right answer :think2 ive tried everything from 1z, to poorboys, to 303, to zaino.. nothing will give a nice even finish. To remove it is even more of a b1tch. I think my door panels have been splochy since I got the car :cry:

kapinnn
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
bump for the right answer :think2 ive tried everything from 1z, to poorboys, to 303, to zaino.. nothing will give a nice even finish. To remove it is even more of a b1tch. I think my door panels have been splochy since I got the car :cry:

I can live with mine as long as sun light doesnt hit it. Then it looks like it has little speckles everywhere...

It`s the only complaint about my Z, though!