PDA

View Full Version : LC CCS Pads

AngieD
09-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I`ve been thinking about getting some of these for my PC. Can you really tell a difference between these and the regular flat pads. I`ve been using the flat pads for a while and some of my pads are ready to be thrown away. I`m used to the flat pads but if the CCS work better I`m going to switch to them.

imported_hockeyplaya13
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I`m curious as well. How do they work differently from the regular pads? What do the "holes" do?

SVTsupremecy
09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
i only used my PC with CCS pads twice...from what i observed they help spread the product out better. the little holes hold liquid and as you go down the car they slowly release the liquid caught in the holes. im not sure what else they do

ptaylor_9849
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I`ve been using CCS pads for quite a while now and the only slight benefit I see is that you can polish a little longer by applying pressure when you need more polish to press it out of the pore holes. Other than that, it`s a gimick. Actually, I like the regular pads better because they allow for more surface contact which alows for more heat which allows for quicker polish breakdown via rotory. Whatever you do, don`t buy your pads from Classic Motoring Accessories in Florida. Every one of my pads came from them and all are losing their velcro backing.

DantheMan
09-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Personally, I prefer flat pads with the PC.. And I prefer the 5.5" pads vs the 6.5" pads.. Especially when it comes to correction.

Paulie Walnuts
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I like them a lot, they hold polish better and longer IMO. I got mine from Danase. Only thing that sucks is after only 4-6 uses they are starting to break up.

David Fermani
09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I just purchased a LC CCS red final finishing pad for my PC. It`s super soft and works great.

AMDin93103
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I like them a lot, they hold polish better and longer IMO. I got mine from Danase. Only thing that sucks is after only 4-6 uses they are starting to break up.

Curious. . . Rotary or DA use. . and .. . Is the structure of the indentations breaking down from pressure while polishing or the pad in general, as in it`s just not as durable as you would have liked?

Paulie Walnuts
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Curious. . . Rotary or DA use. . and .. . Is the structure of the indentations breaking down from pressure while polishing or the pad in general, as in it`s just not as durable as you would have liked?

The polishing pockets are starting to separate from the pads. That to me is a defect. I expect a pad to last at least 10 details before it starts to break down. I not getting them with this batch. I think its just a defective group. I dont want to bother Bob at Danase so I will live with them. Rotary and DA use.

AMDin93103
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I assume this is an isolated experience? Anyone else?

wannafbody
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
when you use the term seperating are you referring to the foam actually shredding or the indetations popping out? I have many pads that have far more than 10 uses and the foam is in good condition. If you are referring to the indentations popping out (becoming less shallow)I don`t think that is a serious issue from a performance standpoint.

SpoiledMan
09-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I use the green the most and they have all been used 20+ times with little wear on them. One of them is plugged in the middle from someone else that was a little to overzealous with the brush.

blackf0rk
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I have the flat pads still and every orange LC pad I`ve owned has started to come apart of me prior to any of the other pads. It should be noted that I use the orange pad 60% less than the other pads. The next in line to break down is the blue, followed by black, then white (being the most resilient). I`ve had my white pad now for just over 2 orange pad replacements.