PDA

View Full Version : Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt

usdm
09-01-2007, 11:45 AM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1965_30872373

Hans anyone tried these out yet? Any opinions?

clnfrk
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I personally don`t care for them at all. To me, they have a very coarse feeling, not only to the touch, but more importantly when sliding it along the car`s finish even with plenty of soap suds present. I really do like the "normal" chenille mitts with the white fibers though. Much softer in comparison. The one you have pictured is also way too bulky for my tastes.

usdm
09-01-2007, 12:11 PM
So, I guess there is no truth to the claim that these are softer and plusher than

Sheepskin mitts?

Setec Astronomy
09-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I don`t know, I like the Target wash pads that have that "muppet hair" on the one side, MF terry (low nap) on the other, for $2.99 ea.

mikebai1990
09-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Nah, I wouldn`t say it`s softer and plusher than sheepskin mitts. However, Target also sells another kind of microfiber chenille wash mitt that is very soft and comparable to a sheepskin mitt.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8420/img0820ro1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PhaRO
09-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I think I`ve used everything out there to clean cars except a sea sponge and the lc cubed mitt thingy. The chenille microfiber wash mitt are my favorite. I`ve found they work great and are safe. I`ve had no problems with them. Other things I`ve used are pva sponges, wash sponges, grout sponges, synthic brush, boars hair brush, chenille mitt, chenille mf mitt, mf towels, mf mitts, synthetic mitts, sheep skin mitts and the shmitt.

BlackElantraGT
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
If those are the same ones that Costco sells in a 3 pack (neon colors) with a big mf drying towel, I did not like them at all. I ended up returning them. If I had to have something similar, Walmart sells a very similar kind but lined with a plastic inside it. The problem I had with the Costco muppet head mitts was that it was lined with a cloth material on the inside, and after the first wash in the machine it was a complete mess inside. I also found that the mitt was too heavy (when wet with soap solution) for my liking and I used more solution than I really wanted to.

I like wool mitts, but I hate how they shed and sometimes they`d fall apart faster than I wanted. I was using Meg`s mf mitt and the Eurow mf mitts for awhile, but then discovered the sea sponge. The sea sponge was great, but I can`t justify paying full price for them. They`re also too gentle IMO and sometimes I found myself applying way too much pressure just to clean certain trouble spots.

For the last couple of months, I`ve been using the grout sponges from Home Depot. Rinses cleanly like the sea sponge, more durable than the sea sponge, cheaper than the sea sponge, and provides just the right amount of cleaning for me. Mf mitts never rinse completely clean like sea sponges or grout sponges so I found that once I was done using it on 1 car, I put it in the wash bin and grabbed another pair. With sponges, I just have to agitate them against the grit guard and they`re good as new. It`s almost impossible to tell a new sponge from an old sponge besides the cuts you get from a used sponge.

usdm
09-02-2007, 01:41 AM
See, I have not been able to find any place locally that had the lambswool/ sheepskin

mitts. Even the local auto stores dont carry them. Now they may have the Viking

synthetic wash mitts (which I do use occassionally), the Megs wash mitt (which looks

and feels just like the Viking), and the Megs Chenille pads (which I used to love

but they shedded more than my rotary wool pads). I was just looking for a safe

effective solution, and thats when i found these things. I actually have a pair now

that i just got, and they feel kinda odd; they feel very soft, but coarse at the same

time :confused:

Well, I got them now, so i guess I will give them a shot. Its almost time for my winter

detail, so i will try them out for a lil bit and see how much damage they do. Maybe

I just use them for interrior dusting or doing wheels and tires if i dont like them.

Grout sponge eh? Maybe I give that a try too........ But I am curious as to what

make them any better or different than sponges already offered for washing?

mikebai1990
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Check your Walmart for those Eurow mitts.

usdm
09-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Check your Walmart for those Eurow mitts.

There is no Walmart in Brooklyn....

usdm
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
If those are the same ones that Costco sells in a 3 pack (neon colors) with a big mf drying towel, I did not like them at all. I ended up returning them. If I had to have something similar, Walmart sells a very similar kind but lined with a plastic inside it. The problem I had with the Costco muppet head mitts was that it was lined with a cloth material on the inside, and after the first wash in the machine it was a complete mess inside. I also found that the mitt was too heavy (when wet with soap solution) for my liking and I used more solution than I really wanted to.

I just checked inside the mitt, and it is some vry loose feeling cloth lining.....

Oh well, I guess I`ll see what happens today.

mikebai1990
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
You got a Target in Brooklyn. Check that place for the micro-chenille wash mitts. They are much softer than those muppet mitts. As for whether the muppet mitt causes marring.. I`m not sure. Address of the Target:

139 Flatbush Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11217

(718) 290-1109

usdm
09-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, i know about the target in Brooklyn. Thing is when i tried to check online

for the mitts/ pads, i could not find anything. I`d really hate to make the trek all

the way down there, and come up empty. I`ve even tried calling to see if it

was something they had in stock, and no response yet.

mikebai1990
09-02-2007, 06:40 PM
All Targets have an automotive section, and they have a bunch of wash media, drying towels, MF towels, etc... Yea, it`s not online, but it`s definitely in the store. It`s like when you go on costco.com searching for stuff they sell in store. It`s just not there.

As for whether you`ll be able to find the micro-chenille, that may be a problem. Last time I went to my Target, couldn`t find any more of those micro-chenille wash mitts.

usdm
09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the heads up. Ill be downtonw in that area Tuesday, so i will

pop in there and see whats what.