PDA

View Full Version : cleaning leather question?

youth4jc117
09-01-2007, 02:28 AM
ok guys, i have heated seats in my car, and last year i road around with them one....alot. Unfortunately i didnt know it at the time but i when i wore my black leather jacket it actually heated the color off of the jacket and on to my seats. So now i have a black outline of where the heater coils are in my seat. Any suggestion of an over-the-counter product, (or not even) preferabbly o.t.c. The leather is a really light tan, if this helps at all.

thanks guys.

God bless

kyle

Harry Houdini
09-01-2007, 03:03 AM
ok guys, i have heated seats in my car, and last year i road around with them one....alot. Unfortunately i didnt know it at the time but i when i wore my black leather jacket it actually heated the color off of the jacket and on to my seats. So now i have a black outline of where the heater coils are in my seat. Any suggestion of an over-the-counter product, (or not even) preferabbly o.t.c. The leather is a really light tan, if this helps at all.

thanks guys.

God bless

kyle

My guess is that you u use somthing like prestine clean leather cleaner,

and use a vacum such as Vac`Blo with small tub to get them out of those holes.

you might need a stronger cleaner if they are really tough

youth4jc117
09-01-2007, 03:08 AM
we used some kind of leather cleaner and a brush---my does the stuff you guys do professionally, he said whatever we used is fairly abbrassive, and it didnt work. What is a "vac-blo" and small tub? sorry-im a noob. Also, do steamers work well for cars? on carpets/leather to get stains out?

thanks again guys.

Harry Houdini
09-01-2007, 03:35 AM
we used some kind of leather cleaner and a brush---my does the stuff you guys do professionally, he said whatever we used is fairly abbrassive, and it didnt work. What is a "vac-blo" and small tub? sorry-im a noob. Also, do steamers work well for cars? on carpets/leather to get stains out?

thanks again guys.

not profissional my self but I do treat my cars and have almost everything.

Van` N Blo is a vacum and blower sold at autogeek and other vendors

one of the attachments has a small tube so it sucks more things, again

this is just my guess and prestin clean is a leather treatment, do a search on google for it.

Hope some one with more experince can help also :)

brwill2005
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Most likely, the dye from your jacket dyed the leather on your seats. You can try something as simple as Woolite mixed with water. Most dilute it 6:1. You can also try a stronger slightly alkaline cleaner; too many available to list. A steamer may help in conjunction with a cleaner.