PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning - What`s in Folex

Pages : 1 [2]

Bunky
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Give it a few more tries. I had the same experience with what I believe was a soda stain. I had to do it a half dozen times. The stain actually got larger and larger the first few times from the agitating, but I knew it was working because the paper towel was always colored every time.

I have not used Folex (on the list to try) but I have used Resolve with very good results.

imported_Grouse
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Folex is a good neutral spotter with a bit of detergent in it. It is not a specific spotter.

If you are looking for an all around kit i strongly suggest following this:

Pretest Spot-Removal Procedures And Products

In an inconspicuous area (under a sofa cushion, on an area of carpet under or behind a piece of furniture), apply several drops of solution on the article and rub gently with a clean, white towel. If color transfers to cloth or a color change occurs a professional cleaner should be consulted. Apply the solution again, wait 1/2 - 1 hour, if possible, and inspect for any damaging color changes.

Do not over wet. Use small amounts of the spotting products and blot frequently. Always blot, do not rub or brush. Work from outer edge of the spot towards the center to prevent rings.

Beginning with step 1, treat the stain area with each spotting solution until the stain is removed. It may not be necessary to complete the entire series of steps. The final step is always to rinse carefully the area with water, then absorb all the remaining moisture with absorbent towels.

Be patient. Some spots respond slowly. All spots and spills cannot be removed from every fabric due to differences in fibers, dyes, construction, finishes, composition of the spills, length of time the spot has remained on the article, etc. Some stains require professional treatment.

To find the right procedure and product for cleaning various stains, choose the type of stain from the list below and select it.

Stain List

Stain Type

Recommended Products

Blood Protein & Stain Spotter, Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Butter & Margarine Citrus Gel, Solvent Spotter, Protein Stain Spotter, Pro Spotter, Fiberbuff

Browning (cellulose) Yellow Rx, All Fiber Rinse

Candle Wax Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Catsup & Tomato Sauce Protein Stain Spotter, Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, Oxy-Plus

Chewing Gum Citrus Gel

Chocolate Protein Stain Spotter, Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Cocktails Pro Spotter, Coffee & Tannin Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Coffee Coffee & Tannin Spotter

Cough Syrup Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, All Fiber Rinse.

Crayons Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Eggs (Raw) Protein Stain Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, Pro Spotter

Food Coloring Pro Spotter, Red Rescue

Fruit Juice Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, Oxy-Plus

Furniture Stain Power Solvent, Citrus Gel, Protein Stain Spotter

Glue (School) Pro Spotter, Protein Stain Spotter

Grass Citrus Gel, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Gravy Protein Stain Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Pro Spotter

Greases & Oil Solvent Spotter, Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Ice Cream Protein & Stain Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Ice Melt Buildup All Fiber Rinse

Ink (Ball Point) Ink Spot Remover, Citrus Gel, Oxy-Plus

Ink (India) Ink Spot Remover, Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Jam & Jelly Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Protein Stain Spotter

Lipstick Power Solvent, Citrus Gel, Oxy-Plus, All Fiber Rinse

Mildew Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, Oxy-Plus

Milk Protein Stain Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Mucilage (Glue) Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, Protein Stain Spotter

Mud Pro Spotter, Citrus Gel

Mustard Protein Stain Spotter, All Fiber Rinse, Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter

Nail Polish Power Solvent, Citrus Gel, All Fiber Rinse

Oils Power Solvent, Citrus Gel, Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Paint (Oil) Power Solvent, Citrus Gel, Pro Spotter

Paint (Water, Latex base) Pro Spotter, Solvent Spotter, Citrus Gel

Rubber Cement Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Rust Prochem Rust Remover

Shoe Polish Power Solvent, Citrus Gel

Soft Drinks Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Soot Citrus Gel, Olefin Preconditioner

Tar & Asphalt Power Solvent or Solvent Spotter, Citrus Gel

Toothpaste Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Urine Pet Spotter & Deodorizer, All Fiber Rinse

Vomit Pro Spotter, Zoop Enzyme Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Wine Pro Spotter, All Fiber Rinse

Yellowing Yellow Rx, All Fiber Rinse

Traffic Lanes Ultrapac Trafficlean or Ultrapac Trafficlean Mint Fresh, All Fiber Rinse, Dry Slurry, Clean Green

Soil Filtration Lines Filter-Out, All Fiber Rinse, Dry Slurry, Oxy-Plus

As for a spotting kit prochem spotting kit k250

I would then add Red- relief, and Stain magic from Pro`s choice for red and orange dyes depending on if they are natural or synthetic food grade dyes. For yellow staining I use pro`s choice urine stain remover.

Home

I would also strongly recommend bi-0-kleen traffic lane cleaner and back out.

We are the Environment | Biokleen (http://biokleenhome.com/)

Pro-chem is a large carpet, uphostery, leather, tile etc company.

Prochem - Chemicals, Cleaning Machines and Truck Mounts (http://www.prochem.com/)

For general soils, oils and grime i use prochem ultra-pac LVC for carpets and uphostery in cars, trucks and Suv`s. I then filter down to prochems spotters as needed.

For vehicles with mostly food grime IE kids, dogs, Etc I move over to bi-o-kleen`s traffic lane cleaner as my preconditioner. I still pre spot most everything with prochem spotters.

imported_Detailing Technology
02-10-2008, 09:40 AM
The recent flood of interior data has me interested. I feel I have been missing out on conducting over-kill on this, the place where people spend 100% of their time in the car. My customers all have food stains and odors, I use Bio-Kleen now.

AARON - I am purchasing the Prochem -K250 on Monday. (what does it cost?) Would I utilize this chemicals in this kit, then focus my extraction at the tail end of spotting and cleaning to draw out all of the debris and excess chemical remnants?

Would I extract with only water or are additives necessary, dry slurry, ect?

jaynick808
01-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I don`t know, but whatever it is, the dash on my BMW didn`t like it.

I had an area of a paper towel that I`d used on the carpet and thought I`d just use the other side with my diluted APC for the interior. I think I ended up getting some of the Folex on the dash and the silkscreening or whatever it is on the stalks of my steering wheel (cruise, turn signals) started to smear!

So I`d just make darn sure you only use it on fabric and don`t cross contaminate your towels.

even the good quality brand of apc i use isnt steering wheel stalk friendly even at 20:1.

im sure the folex didnt help, but the white ink on those things comes off pretty easily especially after theyve seen some sun. i use a different mf towel sprayed with onr specifically for wiping the stalks and for an initial wiping of the speedo and center gauges and navi screen.

even m40 has given me slight smearing problems on older cars.. its just all the cleaning agents doing their job.

wannafbody
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Folex is pretty good but Spot Shot works wonders-at least for cat throwup.

89gt-stanger
03-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Polarity. Do I need to teach a Chemistry lesson? :lol