PDA

View Full Version : any one help me with this? XZILON???????

cadillacman314
08-31-2007, 12:14 AM
I am new to the site and am amazed @ all the info on here!!!!! I have been detailing cars for 10+ years for new/used dealerships, customers, friends, etc. The dealership i work for was selling Simoniz system5 packages on their vehicles until about a month ago when their cotract ran out. Now we have a new product called XZILON. This exterior treatment is a solvent based product, and the salesman who sell this stuff , are pitchin a fit because the product does not make the leather shiny, or the paint smooth, they have even questioned a detailer with 30+yrs experience if they in-fact applied the product to the vehicle. we cant seem to explain to them that this isnt going ti give a waxed feeling because in fact IT"S NOT WAX! They are telling customers that they can hose off lovebugs once this has been applied( however i dont know a firehose that will accomplish that ) Also telling them that they shouldn`t wax their car or it will remove the coating. am I crazy or does anyone know that this stuff works? I find it hard to believe that something that is wiped on the car that has the consistancy of Laquer thinner will protect the paint for 5 years, but wax will remove it. Someone said to us that this stuff is really concrete sealer . Any insight to this subjest would be greatly appreciated. they have a website, XZILON.COM .

Mobilejay
08-31-2007, 12:22 AM
First off, welcome. Second if you do a search for XZILON on here you can read some posts on it. It is a scam. Crap. A lot of dealerships pitch this crap to customers but it is all a big scam.

I thought Florida was on the east coast.

NSXTASY
08-31-2007, 12:50 AM
I thought Florida was on the east coast.

:har: Heh, I would **assume** he means the west coast of florida, not the lower 48. :usa

a.k.a. Patrick
08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
If Xzilon was sold at $15.00, it would be worth it. But to sell it as a protectant package for over $500.00, is a little skamish....I have met the owner of the company, cool guy, better salesmen.

Its not that the product is all that bad, its just that its not a 5 year product. I used it on a test bed, and only got a few months slickness out of it. It does make the surface SUPER slick though, that I can assure you. Wipe it on, and wipe it off. Its that easy. It cannot be removed with another wax, it has to be removed with a polish. Although I would suppose a harsh paint cleaner could infiltrate its bond a bit. It is a more then likely a petroleum based silicone.......(IMO)