PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone

Ern
08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
have a problem using megs hyper dressing? I have a spray bottle at 3:1 Dilution and I am using eagle one tire applicators. The sponge type. I spray it onto the tire applicator but this crap is watery and runny as hell. Anyone else have this problem? Should I use a microfiber applicator for this stuff? Ive never had so much trouble with something. Its just a major pita

CalgaryDetail
08-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I know what you mean with it being runny. I use it alot on interiors at 4:1. I find that if i use a yellow foam applicator it goes on without problem. Some of the harder applicators such as tire applicators dont work as well

BigAl3
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
try using it at a 1:1 ratio. 3:1/4:1 ratio would be good for interior/exterior plastics, wheel wells, etc...

Jason M
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I just spray the tires and wells with a good coating cut 4:1. After all 4 are done I go back and wipe off with a terry cloth towel in the order I put it on. Much quicker and more even coverage than using an applicator.

Ern
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
4:1 I cant imagine how watery thats gotta be

SpoiledMan
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
It`s thin but spreads easy when the sprayer mists finely. No need to wipe at all. Just spray it in and let it cover on it`s own.

4:1 in the well and 2.5:1 on the tire.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_3550.JPG

the other pc
08-31-2007, 11:04 AM
...is watery and runny as hell. ...It’s supposed to be thin. It’s designed to be sprayed on quickly and easily in a high throughput environment. It’s mostly water even before you dilute it anyway.

Like the other guys said, you spray it directly on the surface you’re treating.

You can also use an applicator that’s intended for liquids, like a paintbrush or foam painting pad.

PC.

Jason M
08-31-2007, 11:14 AM
4:1 I cant imagine how watery thats gotta be

Sure you can. Imagine water that`s white in color.

See? Not that hard.

Ern
08-31-2007, 02:19 PM
So when you guys just spray the tire, do you just whipe it off the rims? I just dont feel like spraying it all over the car or my garage.

the other pc
08-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Some guys will make wheel shields to prevent overspray onto rims. You can even buy them commercially (Ernst Tool Organizers (http://www.ernstmfg.com/products_ultraflex.php)) but you can just cut circles out of cardboard if you want.

I just hold the sprayer close, spray carefully and wipe off any overspray.

PC.