PDA

View Full Version : Sealant experts

Pages : [1] 2

SVTsupremecy
08-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Ok so i have a 2007 Vista Blue(halfway between navy/royal blue) mustang and i was wondering if any of you guys had similar cars or had any suggestions on a good sealant for it. Im using Nattys Blue over it if that helps.

Also should i invest in PoorBoys SR line-up it seems to be pretty standard in peoples regimen? im thinking i need SR1 and SR 2.5

also what does Isopropyl Alcohol do? strip wax? when should it be used?

By the way I just joined this site and im addicted...anyone need a detailer in Dallas area?

imported_Dave1
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Look no further than Zaino for excellent sealants......

Tronix
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I only have experience with megs #21 and ultima pgp, and they`re both great!

megs 21 under natty`s blue looks exceptionally good.

imported_GregCavi
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
There are Many sealants to choose from but my favorite is zaino. Zaino Z5pro will look phenomenal on that color. As far as poorboys SSR`s, i would highly suggest looking at the menzerna polish as I find them far superior to the ssr`s.

Greg

CalgaryDetail
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
There are tone of choices you couldmake and none would be wrong. each offers somthing diffrent. some last longer, some look better on certain colours. Like anything its a personal choice.

i would recomed either looking into duragloss 105. this stuff works awsome. Give good looks and lasts a long time. and to bootits cheap.

the other one i like is wolf gang deep gloss sealent. it gives awsome results. it makes colours really pop. i think it would look great on your mustang. howevr it only lasts 3-6 months depending on condtions.

The choice is up to you but those are the 2 i would recomened looking into.

ohh yeah try 2 or 3 coars before applying the wax to add protection and add to the look

ptaylor_9849
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I definately agree with Greg on this one. Menzerna is tops in the polish area and Zaino Z-5 is awesome in the sealant area. You really don`t need to look any further than these two product lines for jaw dropping results.

Patrick

SVTsupremecy
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Im not really looking for durability 2-5 months for a sealant is fine for me, looks is what im going for....i work at a car wash so i usually have spare time to detail my car now and then. Are there any websites i can go to purchase mezerna AND zaino, i rather not pay shipping on both.

what specific mezerna polishes i should try, my car has very minor spider web washing scratches. Thanks for the expertise guys. have a good labor day

Greg:woot2:

mikebai1990
08-31-2007, 08:55 AM
With sealants... You could use Duragloss 105, Zaino, Jeff Werkstatt`s, Opti-seal, or Ultima. Lots of choices for sure.

JasonD
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
I`m very surprised to see how many people have a single "favorite" sealant. I have a *lot* of sealants in my garage (including Zaino) and love them all for one reason or another.

imported_themightytimmah
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Z5 Pro or PoliSeal/Opti-Seal for that color. The Poorboys SSR lineup isn`t bad, but honestly it`s a 4 year old technology in a market where new toys come out every week. I would highly recommend getting Optimum Polish, Poli-Seal, and Opti-seal. Zaino`s ZPC, ZAIO and Z5pro are a great combo too, Optimum is sun-friendly though.

SVTsupremecy
08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
thanks for the advice guys...where do you guys shop online where you can buy Zaino and Menzerna and all these other high-end products at one store???

a.k.a. Patrick
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Four Star Body Shop polishes (IM sure Bob will agree) meet all of my needs. Add Four Star`s Ultimate Paint protectant and you have complete polish and protective products in about 3, maybe 4 bottles of product!

Optimum is also an excellent product line, but I seem to be giving the Four Star a little more of my time.

SpoiledMan
08-31-2007, 10:47 AM
I have a "pre mixed" bottle of PC`d UPP (half the dosage) that I keep handy. So far I haven`t seen any adverse effects to the product and it was mixed ~2 months ago.

imported_bigfoot
08-31-2007, 11:19 AM
I have a "pre mixed" bottle of PC`d UPP (half the dosage) that I keep handy. So far I haven`t seen any adverse effects to the product and it was mixed ~2 months ago.

Aren`t you supposed to discard the remanent of any PC`d product after 48 hours?

SpoiledMan
08-31-2007, 11:23 AM
I can`t answer that with something that has been fully dosed but with the ~half dose it`s still working fine. It removes even easier than straight UPP and retains it`s properties better as well.