PDA

View Full Version : Newbie QD And Aquawax Question

likesTOlearn
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi All

I have been reading the forum for a while and learned a lot of info. I decided to use Duragloss #601 and #105 for the sealant on my 2008 Legacy GT and then top it off with Aquawax. It turned out nice but it wasn`t everything I hoped for. So about a week later I decided to use p21s carnauba wax on the car. So washed it up nice with Duragloss #901 car wash and added two layers of p21s on the car, over 2 days, and I loved the look much more. So onto my questions.

Will applying p21s wax over the Duragloss #601 and #105 affect the durability of the sealants?

I have Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and some Meguiars NXT QD if I use either of these over the p21s are the likely to remove the p21s. If they do am I better getting a Carnauba based QD like Pinnacle Crystal Mist? Are there any other OTC Carnauba Wax based QD`s out there....Mothers Showtime???

Will washing and then using Aquawax for my regular routine, between waxing with p21s, remove or diminish the p21s at all? I know eventually the p21s will need other layers but I don`t want to speed that along by using Aquawax.

Love the forum guys, I think detailing might be my new hobby.....thanks for any help

felthove
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi All

Will applying p21s wax over the Duragloss #601 and #105 affect the durability of the sealants?

I have Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and some Meguiars NXT QD if I use either of these over the p21s are the likely to remove the p21s.

Will washing and then using Aquawax for my regular routine, between waxing with p21s, remove or diminish the p21s at all? I know eventually the p21s will need other layers but I don`t want to speed that along by using Aquawax.

Love the forum guys, I think detailing might be my new hobby.....thanks for any help

No. Carnuaba won`t hurt the LSPs, nor will the QDs. P21s will fade relatively quickly and may be exacerbated by the car wash you`re using (or how much solution you use). If you use the right soap and in proper concentration you`ll be fine. And, AW won`t accerate the removal of your wax.

ricka
08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
In my FC&S I add an ounce of AW. Cleans the paint nicely and adds a little gloss.

mikebai1990
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
AW won`t degrade the P21, but I`m not sure about Fast Clean & Shine. It might... but it`s a guess.

ricka
08-30-2007, 03:49 PM
As Mikebai said, the FC&S does have some cleaning ability and probably will diminish the LSP. I even use the marine version (DG 521) which has even more cleaners. One thing to remember about any QD is don`t rub it in but let the towel glide over the surface. Also, a little goes a long way especially if you prime the towel by spritzing a little QD on it first.

likesTOlearn
08-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Is there any alternative nuba based QD that would be more delicate on the p21s? OTC would be preferable

I was eyeing up pinnacle crystal mist? Has anyone used this? IS it any good? Is it likely to be easier on the p21s?

I also have Megs NXT QD is that more likely to be more delicate on the p21s than the Duragloss.

mikebai1990
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Do you plan on using the QD to remove dust? Or just act as a protection refresher? If the latter, then I`d recommend that you just use Aquawax.

likesTOlearn
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I mainly like to use it to remove dust and refresh the car between washes. Not to worried about using it to enhance protection.

mikebai1990
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
If you`re using it to remove dust, I`d just do the FC&S. If you are refreshing between car washes, use the AW. I don`t really think FC&S is gonna remove that much wax, and shouldn`t be too much of a concern. Just reapply P21S every month or so, and you`ll be fine.