PDA

View Full Version : How do you *trash* a product that you`ve never tried??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I`m reading some threads on another site where a product is just being slammed by a group of people that have never tried it? It just so happens that many/all of them are loyal to another product. Does this happen out of some sort of fear or is is just hate?

This isn`t meant to be a name calling/mud slinging fest or to call out what products or any particular people but only to discuss why things like this happen.

Discuss...

imported_bigfoot
08-30-2007, 10:57 AM
I think is just that some people are so narrow minded, that they only see one thing and stay on that thing, no matter how good/better the other product is. I just put myself in ignoramus mode for that situation and don`t even make an opinion out of it.

paul34
08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
We`re not talking about some Zaino "enthusiasts," are we? :hide:

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I`m not doing this to discuss who but just the why. Can you really be *that* loyal to something that you don`t see anything else around it?

Paulie Walnuts
08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I know the exact place you are talking about and the people.

I dont get it either. I love Zaino and its pretty much all I use but they go one step further.

imported_Jakerooni
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
car guys do it all the time. if your chevy boy no ford or dodge out there can compare. Everything else is just junk off the assembly line. I think it honestly happens in almost every faction of life really. That`s the problem with everyone having the ability to have their own opinion. Some get so caught up in it they loose focus on anything else that could possible be out there.

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Jakerooni, while I do agree with being a "fanboy" as I am guilty of that as well (Menzerna, PS3 etc.) BUT what I`m seeing is just trashing/bashing and stating things as being fact then they have no idea what the product even looks like up close.

94BlkStang
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I`m reading some threads on another site where a product is just being slammed by a group of people that have never tried it? It just so happens that many/all of them are loyal to another product. Does this happen out of some sort of fear or is is just hate?

This isn`t meant to be a name calling/mud slinging fest or to call out what products or any particular people but only to discuss why things like this happen.

Discuss...

Only one word describes people like that "IGNORANT".

I have my favorites and there are probably several products out there that might be better but to close your mind to think that something can`t be better without ever giving it a try is just plain dumb.

:waxing:

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I know the exact place you are talking about and the people.

I dont get it either. I love Zaino and its pretty much all I use but they go one step further.

Let`s leave it at that.:)

**If this starts to go south I`ll kill it as quick as I started it.**

Setec Astronomy
08-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I really think they consider it a personal attack if you don`t like the products they do. You are making a judgement about their lifestyle. It`s like a Mets/Yankees or Giants/Jets thing (if you`re from the NYC metro area), or Ford/Chevy, Bud vs. Miller, etc. etc. etc.

These people have decided what they like, and that it`s the best, and anyone who has decided they like something different that they think is the best, has challenged the first person`s assumptions, integrity, manhood, whatever. They are in effect saying that they were WRONG to think that their considered choice was the best.

We live in an intolerant world and country. Why should we expect wax to be any different from religion, politics, sports, or car brand?

Spoiled Man, you`d better go back over there and start a thread that says that place "is under attack on Autopia!!!". Have you orchestrated and coordinated this all over the internet in an "underhanded" way? :)

imported_GregCavi
08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I don`t want to get to deep into it but I think some of the marketing is just plain low.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autopia/ultima-better-than-zaino.jpg

I don`t think it`s good to trash another product to sell your own. With that said, I am not in favor of trashing the ultima line. I plan on purchasing the kit and giving it a thorough review.

Greg

Setec Astronomy
08-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Where did that graphic come from :think:

EDIT: wow, I just had a hallucination!

imported_GregCavi
08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Link to autopia store graphic (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html?gclid=COrzgL7TnY4CFRcbWAodv3KIYQ)

The graphic is from autopia store.

Greg

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Where did that graphic come from :think:

EDIT: wow, I just had a hallucination!

Get more sleep at night!:LOLOL :lol

SpoiledMan
08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Spoiled Man, you`d better go back over there and start a thread that says that place "is under attack on Autopia!!!". Have you orchestrated and coordinated this all over the internet in an "underhanded" way? :)

Somehow I don`t think I would be welcome at all though I could be wrong. It would only serve to fan the flames and I don`t want to do that at all. It just baffles me when one could know all there is to know about something that they haven`t even seen.