PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of "deepfinish" products?

Saleenfan
08-29-2007, 01:21 AM
I was refered to this by a couple of ferrari owners who say the detail spray is just phenominal... Now i havent tried it but was wondering if anyone else had?

https://www.deepfinish.com/

Saleenfan
08-29-2007, 11:17 AM
bueller?? bueller?? bueller??

imported_Jakerooni
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Never heard of them but the price isn`t bad. Probably just another start up trying to make a name. Dosen`t look like anything fancy and I didn`t see any gallery on that site which is not really a good thing for advertising. You would think they`d have some sort of "Hey look what I product did for this car" set up somewhere on there.

kapinnn
08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Never heard of it but prices do look ok. The lack of pictures does make it less credible. Very limited line... only 4 products, being that 2 are metal polishes.

Adam's Polishes
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Only one way to find out... buy it, try it, and let us know what you think.

Saleenfan
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
O BTW hes "advertising" on another site and has posted pictures so I will post them here

But i think I will give it a try and report back

Adam's Polishes
08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
O BTW hes "advertising" on another site and has posted pictures so I will post them here

But i think I will give it a try and report back

With the exception of the Maserati none of those pics do much to show you any kind of finish quailty... as a matter of fact some of them look downright dull (though it may be the camera)

Even the Maserati shot is in shade/an overcast day so theres not much evidence to support the products quality. If the Ferrari guys are using it and like it then it might be worth a shot.

cfranck1
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I`ve seen this stuff before. I was at Lime Rock Park here in CT in May. There was a vendor selling stuff. It was mostly Turtle wax made Zymol, but they had a few cans of Japon(sp) wax. He was trying to push this stuff on me. I told him no thank you.

If you try to contact these people off there website. You will see they are from Glastonbury CT. . Where the Zymol is made anyway for CT that is.

It was a little cheaper but, Still hadn.t done it for me.

I need to try it on my own car to see if I like it and to see how it will lokk on my car.

sken
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Looks like I will need to become a sponsor on this site. I followed the referring link on my web site and others told me I should contact Autopia as it is a good source to the detailers. If someone could refer me to the right contact for becoming a sponsor it would be greatly appreciated.

I am Scott Kennedy, one of the owners of Deep Products Company and the developer of the product line. A couple of the above comments I would like to address. Yes, we are becoming quite popular with the Ferrari community because of the look and performance of our products. We have been enthusiastically embraced by the custom hot rod and Harley-Davidson / custom motorcycle community as well. I will not go into specific product details until I become a sponsor but it is safe to say we have a very unique material philosophy. We chose not to do the flash in the pan trickery and hype style marketing but instead go for the long term word of mouth method from people that have become brand loyal. We have been working on the OEM and race team side for awhile and just introduced a short 4 product line to the retail market. These are unique finishing products only and we will be offering prep products as well in the near future.

Our web site if very brief and is pretty much a purchase point for people who know our products. It has always been very evident to me that pictures of results from product users are a lot more reliable than those from the manufacturer when it comes to product performance and quality. In the near future we will be posting them.

As for product claims to make them "do anything for you", we don`t use buzz words like "nano technology" or "cross linking polymers" to entice people to believe that we have some special scientific wizardry that leaps us ahead in the smarts department. Those are terms that describe material methods that have been in process for awhile. We don`t need to make ridiculous claims or point fingers at other companies. We had our product goals and objectives and in most part have exceeded them and it is showing in customer response. When I get the sponsorship situation taken care of I think you will find some very logical and insightful responses to questions.

Best regards,

Scott Kennedy