PDA

View Full Version : Shark Steam Cleaner uses?

GregCavi
06-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone. I got a tip today of $5 and to top it off a brand new shark steam cleaner. The client didnt ever use it so he gave it to me. Nice deal huh? I was wondering what everyone would use this for and what not to use it on. Im guessing paint is a no. If anyone who uses this can state what they use it on that woudl be much appreciated.

Greg

JRTredo
06-25-2005, 05:35 PM
sorry to tell you... there are no uses for that piece of junk. i bought one from sears 2 days ago figuring it would help with tar, wheels and maybe even carpets, but unforunately th thing is useless and i already retutrned mine. try it for yourself but i`m sure you;ll be dissapointed. i have however heard good things about the professional (very expensive models)

GregCavi
06-25-2005, 07:10 PM
well mine is a shark euro pro steam cleaner. I dont know if that is what you are talking about? Well I love the steam cleaner. It works greeat on door jams and wheels. I just plug it in and let it heat up and then steam were i need to clean. I think its great as it just like melts the dirt and then i can wipe off. I had another great experience with this machine. I restored some wheels of a 79 corvette and the mother polish woudl always leave a film. I used this and it was amazing how the black stuff just melted off the wheel. I then followed up with PB wheel sealant. So i have heard many bad reviews and poeple saying it is crap but i love it and as long as it works I will use it. When it breaks big deal, it didnt cost me anything.

http://www.totalvac.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=totalvac&Product_Code=SC505

Greg

tooklean
06-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Greg, you could probabley use to freshen up cloth interiors and carpets in addition to wheels and caked on breakdust?

shotime
06-26-2005, 09:58 AM
I got one and think it`s worthless. It works good but it takes WAY too long. The area that it acually cleans is very small and it takes forever to reheat. If you`re not using it professionally, then you can afford to spend a lot of time on something. It took me 2 hours to do an engine. Time = Money. If you want something professional, step up and spend the money for a real one.

GregCavi
06-26-2005, 10:24 AM
WEll it works great for me for door jams and wheels. I dont use it on the engine. I just use the house and apc and some agitation for that. For the small jobs it really works great for me.

Greg

mtwedt
06-26-2005, 12:35 PM
WEll it works great for me for door jams and wheels. I dont use it on the engine. I just use the house and apc and some agitation for that. For the small jobs it really works great for me.

GregGreg...Have you tried it on wheel wells yet? I have a product similar to yours and was wondering if this would be an easier way to really get at that area, which I hate working on. I also remember reading a post quite some time ago where a member used the steamer to clean specifically between the wheel rim and the tire where a lot of nasty stuff can collect and then promptly redistribute itself on you nice clean work.

GregCavi
06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I havnt yet tried it on wheel wells. I always clean the wheels with water, apc, and brushes during my wash regimen. I might try it sometime if they arent super dirty though.

Greg

Woob
06-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Try the interior with it, heard it works amazingly well. Esp for caked dirt cups!