View Full Version : Swissvax Quick Finish / QD

Harry Houdini
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey everyone

2 weeks ago I and tdkeny applied Swissvax Concorso after steps of

Light polishing and finishing and then to cleaner fluid followed with concorso,

This coming weekend we are planning on applying a second coat with experiment

With a PC and or applicators,

This past weekend I washed the car and it was clean after a week of concorso like

I never seen it before with P1000 and others "including zaino" to the point where

I didn`t see the need to pick up a wash mitt to go at it, it was foamed and then rinsed with pressure washer on wide spray and a meter and a half distance.

However when I pulled in the garage to dry it up after blowing air to dry, which dried the car 90%, I picked my pak shak drying towel and sprayed Swissvax Quick finish on the

Panel I am going to dry with towel. couple of days later "today" I noticed the car is covered with haze from the Quick Finish Spray???

I know I was generous applying it, I apply to the panel "1 spray" and then to the towel it self "1 spray"

How can I fix this issue and prevent it from happening in the future?

I don`t know what else to use on a car that has concorso and I don`t want to use something

that would compromise the look or the durability of the swissvax concorso.

I did search the forums for answers but couldn`t find anything, I recall in one post

someone was saying that the swissvax QF was not the best of products as far as QD,

but then the question remains what else can one use on the same company last step product "Concorso".

Thanks for the input and info, I am sure this post will be helpful to others as this wax is gaining more customers every day. :)

mikebai1990
08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, first thing you already mentioned. Use less spray. Less=better. Using too much results in haze and hard removal (for some products). Also, did you buff off afterwards?

Harry Houdini
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, first thing you already mentioned. Use less spray. Less=better. Using too much results in haze and hard removal (for some products). Also, did you buff off afterwards?

Yeah using pak shak new microfiber towl for QD`s,

it seems as if the spray cured over the hot sun today and hazed!

does it cotaine carnuba? it dosen`t say anything on the bottle`s

mikebai1990
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Eh.. I`m not that knowledge with the Swissvax products, so I don`t know for sure. Applying thinly would definitely help though.

imported_memnuts
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Most likely it is a combination of not really washing and using too much QD. You`re extremely lucky that the whole vehicle and especially the tested panel is not also marred even more so. Foaming and rinsing is not an adequate cleaning not matter what LSP you use unless the vehicle has been sitting in the garage all week.

To remove the haze just wash the panel (soap, water and mit) dry,and use less QD.

Harry Houdini
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Most likely it is a combination of not really washing and using too much QD. You`re extremely lucky that the whole vehicle and especially the tested panel is not also marred even more so. Foaming and rinsing is not an adequate cleaning not matter what LSP you use unless the vehicle has been sitting in the garage all week.

To remove the haze just wash the panel (soap, water and mit) dry,and use less QD.

Sounds good, how can I make this swissvax QD work best, by applying to the

panel or to the towel only? the spray patter of the quick finish is like spraying

a perfume on

Harry Houdini
08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Anyone? :p

mikebai1990
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I don`t really think it matters too much. I generally spray on the paint and spread it around with my MF.

imported_memnuts
08-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Sounds good, how can I make this swissvax QD work best, by applying to the

panel or to the towel only? the spray patter of the quick finish is like spraying

a perfume on

What is the constancy of this QD? If it is anything like Pinnacle Crystal Mist it might be better to mist on an applicator pad and work into the "clean" surface, like a quick wax, and then buff the remaining residue. :nixweiss

I have recieved my best results used CM in this manner. It takes a few extra minutes but the results do not "flashback" after heat exposure.

Also the misting spray leads me to believe that less is more and that this is a "beauty" QD as oppose to a cleaning one. This is the type of QD I personally prefer because of my affinity to only manipulating a clean finish.

Play with it a little, you will find a happy medium and this product will perform as well or better than you expected.:2thumbs:

Harry Houdini
08-28-2007, 06:24 AM
What is the constancy of this QD? If it is anything like Pinnacle Crystal Mist it might be better to mist on an applicator pad and work into the "clean" surface, like a quick wax, and then buff the remaining residue. :nixweiss

I have recieved my best results used CM in this manner. It takes a few extra minutes but the results do not "flashback" after heat exposure.

Also the misting spray leads me to believe that less is more and that this is a "beauty" QD as oppose to a cleaning one. This is the type of QD I personally prefer because of my affinity to only manipulating a clean finish.

Play with it a little, you will find a happy medium and this product will perform as well or better than you expected.:2thumbs:

Thanks blk,

I says that it cleans as will as leaves a waxed fresh look on, so my guess is like yours

it is a beauty QD, but I must admit it is really hard to work with "tdkeny might chime in"

but you really cant tell if it is applied then on the panel or not plus it dries super quick.

I am almost 100% sure it has carnauba in it.

I will be more conservative when Appling it again and see how it turns out.