PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions on a cleaner and wax

PamelaJ
06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Okay....maybe someone here can lead me in the right direction. I just got my 86 mustang SVO out of storage and want to brighten up the paint. it has some swirls in it from yrs of washing and waxing. the color is a medium canyon creek metalic (red) I`ll be doing this by hand so I`m not looking for something that I need to machine buff or anything. I don`t mind spending time on it so if it is done in stages that isn`t a problem. thanks!

GregCavi
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
you might try posting in a different forum. You are in the car wash forum. try the polishing forum instead.

Greg

LikeaRock
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
I don`t know how well the Poorboys SSR products work by hand, but they`re worth a shot. Also, I`ve heard great things about the 3M Perfect-It swirl remover.

G35stilez
06-16-2005, 04:06 PM
By hand, Meguiar`s Color X is an excellent choice.

matthiasj
06-16-2005, 07:07 PM
I`d Wash - Clay - and if your feeling brave Scratch X the worst spots, or the whole car, then 2 coats of Meg`s Color X, NXT, then top it off with some #26. This is a good list of stuff that can be had at most or all wal-marts or autozones.

JaredPointer
06-17-2005, 07:36 AM
By hand, Meguiar`s Color X is an excellent choice.

Right on!

caddyE
06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
NXT does a great job of brightening paint. Two applications should remove all the "minor" blemishes. You really should at some point consider at least a PC and take advantages of the many polishes available to re-new that finish.