PDA

View Full Version : Wax application experiment..

imported_bigfoot
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I`ve been reading a lot lately abou the Zymol high-end waxes application process, a.k.a. bare handed. I wanted to check out if one of the most popular waxes could be applied the exact same way as the Zymol line. So today finally I was able to wash my car and give it a shot with NB. I had to see if it was good or bad for my pain to do so, and how much would it take to do a section.

First of all, I was working on low 80`s today with a relatively high humidity (80+%). I decided to take a pea sized chunk out of the jar and see if it would melt on my hands. To my surprise it did, but I saw my hands very oily, which I was expecting to some point. I decided to then apply it on the driver side rear-view mirror by bare hand and on the other side with a MF applicator. The drivers side was covered very even, but the passenger side was uneven. So I decided to wipe off after it became hazed, and both sides came out woderfully, but for some reason, the right side was a notch easier.

The looks were the same on both sides, but I kinda liked the hand application. I might go for it next time I wax my car completely. Before I forget, I used Danase Buff MF`s to remove the wax.

Joey