PDA

View Full Version : another quick question about brake dust.

youth4jc117
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
is there anything out there that is super-heavy duty that will take heavy, caked on brake dust off, that is safe for chrome wheels?

any response would be great-thanks!

God bless

kyle

imported_themightytimmah
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener, try it mixed 2:1 on chrome. Chrome will survive pretty much anything you can throw at it cleaner-wise, it`s not fragile like anodized or polished aluminum.

clnfrk
08-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener, try it mixed 2:1 on chrome. Chrome will survive pretty much anything you can throw at it cleaner-wise, it`s not fragile like anodized or polished aluminum.

I agree that chrome is pretty durable stuff. I mean... it has to be if you can take baked on brake dust off with steel wool and not do the least bit of harm to it.

youth4jc117
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I didnt think chrome was that tough, i thought it was a pretty soft material (like aluminum). I dont know, i guess just ignorance because i took a paper towel to my wheels once and it put some fine scratches in a couple of spots so thats why i didnt think it was very durable. I thought about mixing water and rubbing alcohol lol; wasnt so sure if that would work very well or if it would hurt the chrome.

imported_hockeyplaya13
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Meguiar`s All Rims Wheel Cleaner, or Meguiar`s Chrome Wheel Cleaner. Very strong, I have yet to do any damage to my chrome wheels. Just spray it on, let it sit for about a minute, and I use a mitt just for wheels to gently scrub the wheels just to make sure that it gets on all of the the wheel, then rinse off.