PDA

View Full Version : Aerospace 303, on wheels

PoorOwner
08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
If I read the bottle label correctly, you can put this on darn near everything

I can`t find any wax or sealer locally for wheels so I decided to wipe some AS303 on my wheels. (clear coated factory wheels) Seems to give that antistatic slick feel. Will this work ok for a while to repel dust and make it easier to clean? I also put this on my tires and it looks great too

The only thing seems bad so far is that it`s sort of a semi gloss finish, but any shine would have been quickly dulled by brake dust anyway.

richy
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
It`s an ok idea but not a great one. There are many strong sealants out there that will offer a great layer of protection and help the b.d. to come off easily. Jetseal by CG comes highly recommended for that, and there are many others (cheaper too) that will do the job.

Bunky
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I do not know how long the protection lasts, but the looks seems to last about 4 to 6 weeks or so. I plan to try another protectant side by side next time.

mikebai1990
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Eh.. I don`t see the point of using 303 Aerospace on the wheels. It`s used mainly to protect (from UV rays and such) and to richen rubber trim. On wheels, what you need is protection against the elements so that the wheel cleaning is easier. Using a durable sealant or wax will provide much better results.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
You are putting 303 aerspace protectant on your rims or your actual tires?

On rims I don`t see how they would work for that application.. something like a durable sealant or wax would be better.

If you are talking about on your tires and/or wheel wells then I would say it is an expensive use for 303 considering there are much cheaper products out there BUT it does look very nice. I have requests for it now..

paul34
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Right. I don`t think its very "clear" either... at least, that`s my experience when I accidentally get it on paint or even... glass (ugh!!)

Anyway, IMHO it won`t really work. 303 tends to disappate pretty quickly at least in my experience on exterior trim (maybe 2-3 weeks with no rain, otherwise 1-2 Florida rainstorms and its pretty much completely gone), so I would imagine it would be gone quite quickly on a slicker surface like a clearcoated or polished wheel even quicker.