PDA

View Full Version : Craigs list oppurtunity

Pages : [1] 2 3

Brian_Brice
08-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Auto Detailer Needed (http://raleigh.craigslist.org/aos/404185664.html)

All you have to do is make it perfect for him and he will give you 75 dollars!!!!:chuckle:

Paulie Walnuts
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Big spender!

a.k.a. Patrick
08-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I`ll do a wash and spray wax for that............But I promise the PC will never even get plugged in......

stiffdogg06
08-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I`ll do a wash and spray wax for that............But I promise the PC will never even get plugged in......

Sounds perfect!:waxing:

ZoranC
08-24-2007, 02:11 AM
I`ll do a wash and spray wax for that...

You are way too generous. All I would do is wet his wheel, that`s it.

imported_Detailing Technology
08-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Typical low-gross used car dealer. I remember guys paying that to get a car butchered, I mean cleaned up, back in the early 90`s.

gmblack3
08-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Is that $75 an hour? :)

imported_smprince1
08-24-2007, 06:57 AM

This may be what this guy considers "perfect" as long as it`s clean and shiny.

imported_Detailing Technology
08-24-2007, 07:08 AM
99.99% of used car dealers have no clue what clean is.

For $75.00 you could run it through the local car wash then apply a OTC cleaner wax and super greasy, oily, dressing. I am sure the guy would love it.

Just remember to clean the windows, car dealers think if the windows are spotless the car looks better.

imported_Jakerooni
08-24-2007, 07:21 AM
ehh I only charge $80 for dealer cleanups. And thats the full montey on them. Although they send me about 10 a week so it seriosuly makes up for it in volume.

imported_rydawg
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
dealers are way too generous. Not only that but he will give you more cars to do. So it will be like working for $5 an hour constant. Oh ya he is also looking for a pro too. I frigging hate dealers personally ( I was one too). If they want to be in the business and want to be cheap, then detail it themselves. I understand they want it cheap, but do not expect a pro.

I did a quickie on a Viper for a dealer and he loved how it came out. When it was time to get paid, he said he was not going to pay my price and he wanted a discount cause he was a dealer and he never pays retail for anything. We had a bickering back and forth as I tried to stay professional, but I ended up in the end and I told him if wants to insult me, then I will insult him. He told he that he is not making much money and the business sucks. I told him it is not my fault he is a failure and he should learn how to buy and sell cars correct. Granted he does make a ton of money and he has a 2 million dollar house with no overhead and is only 35 like me.

Then yesterday I hear him on the phone bragging to his friend on how amazing his Viper came out and how he had the best detailer around do it and he might not sell it now. I was pissed when I heard that and it really got to me and today will be a fun day when I give him his bill. I know we will get in a fight for sure and I am heated right now as we speak. I am not knocking anything off and I gave him a deal in the beginning anyway. I told him my price before I did it and told me to do it. He is in for a rude surprise today if he wants to be like that again and I will not be nice at all:bat .

Funny part was the mechanics said they would have payed for his car just for the way I put him in his place and insulted him. I never do that to anyone, but when he said I was only a detailer and it is a minimum wage job I blew right the F up until he ran in his office. This guy has a lot of balls and that is for sure.

Well I am off to go see him right now.:birthday: it`s time to pay the piper pal.:grinno:

ps...little does he know, that I know that he is cheating on his wife also:woot: It`s going to be a fun day...I feel it:grinno:

If he gives me a hard time then I will tell him his secret girlfriend Jenn says Hi:sadwavey: :grinno:

qballjr13
08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Rydawg....I cant wait to hear the rest of the that story. Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Brian_Brice
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Ryan, that`s a great story bro. Gonna have to keep my eye on this thread aroundt he time you get home from work. The dude knows the price and requests you to work then tries to tell you it`s a minimum wage position? ***? Most the detailers on this site have put much more time and effort into thier work than every dealer im surrounded by.

SVR
08-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I think former car detailing pro`s should take over dealerships

At least they understand what it takes to do a car properly

The world is full of people who have no idea what true detailing is.

For $75 dollars, I`d do an autopian wash, interior vac, clean and dress wheels and tyres and clean the windows with aquawax

stiffdogg06
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
UPDATE!!!! :2thumbs: :p