PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap Blob

CARTfan
06-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Okay, the only spot I can park my car where I don`t have to worry about idiots ramming their doors into it is near this tree that must spew tree sap incessantly. There`s the usual tree sap spots, but there`s also these big blobs of sap that have the consistency of partially dried jelly (like when you make a PB&J sammich and you get a little blob on the counter and it sits for a while). This stuff is nearly impossible to remove. When I wash it, it just smears and it then hardens. I don`t have my clay here with me and was wondering if anyone has encountered this stuff before and what I might be able to get it off with.

PhaRO
06-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Rubbing Alcohol makes tree sap blobs runaway. Cheap under $1 a quart. It will strip the wax in that area but the sap probably will too. I`ve use it for years and haven`t found sap that it didn`t take off. Fresh sap comes off in seconds. If it is hard and dried for months, I pick a little off the top or let the alcohol sit on it for a little bit.

JaredPointer
06-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Have you thought about a car cover for when you park there? Might be a good investment seeing as how the tree is constantly putting off sap.

CARTfan
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
That`s a good idea actually. The only thing is, I`m only going to be here until the end of June anyway. I twouldn`t hurt to just get one anyway. Thanks. :bigups

GearHead_1
06-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I`ve given up on the shade of trees for parking long ago. Tree sap is certainly a problem but in my opinion it`s even worse when a tree gets aphids and weeps on a finish. This can take forever to remove I just find a different place and walk a little farther from the parking lot. :paper

CARTfan
06-18-2005, 11:39 PM
^ Well the trees provide little to no shade. I don`t mind walking at all, but I despise having to worry about my new car being bashed by a-holes and their POS`s. I guess tree sap is the lesser of two evils. Although I am embarassed of the condition of my cars paint. It`s abysmal. The paint on my 97 Aspire is in darn near better shape. :doh And it doesn`t even have clearcoat. :eek

JeffM
06-19-2005, 06:32 AM
This is the only tree sap problem solver i know of !

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS250C.html

pogo123
06-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Birds like trees. I don`t like birds, bugs, bird or bug poop, or sap so I try not to park under trees. :lol

CARTfan
06-19-2005, 08:45 AM
^ Two more weeks, and I won`t have to worry about parking under and dang trees. :)

CARTfan
06-19-2005, 08:52 AM
This is the only tree sap problem solver i know of !

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS250C.html

:yeah LOL, I think I`d actually spare the tree and prune a few cars! :hah