PDA

View Full Version : Suede on an aston martin

Pages : [1] 2

baseballlover1
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I have an appointment with an aston martin coming up and i am fairly sure that it has a suede dash and more and i was wondering how do you clean suede? this is a very good family freind, and also a very important guy in the car community so i have to get his car PERFECT because he could recomend me to a lot of other people in the high priced car clubs. can anyone help me?:nervous2:

thanks in advance:thx

Thomas Dekany
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I just use a damp MF on Aston Martins.

baseballlover1
08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
does it clean suede?... like ya know how some cars intereors(sp) and engine compartments are easy... are aston martins easy or hard?

Thomas Dekany
08-22-2007, 11:47 PM
easy I think.

baseballlover1
08-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Awsome... i cant wait to get my hands on this guys car. Its is going to look amazing! hes got like the silverstone charcoal`ish color... im going to make this car PERFECT!! any recomendations on products that will make this car look beyond perfect? or what do you use on the color and car?

... sorry if im asking bad questions, im just REALLY excited about making this guy happy and getting my hands on a supercar.

Thomas Dekany
08-22-2007, 11:54 PM
what products do you have?

baseballlover1
08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
sonus sfx1-3, klasse aio and sealant, ummm a compound i got that works really well that i got frum a freind that owns a well known paint shop and body shop. umm meguirs tech wax... i know i dont have much, im looking to get some more products. Any recomendations? I probobly need to get new ones huh? i was looking at chemical guys and poorboy`s. But if theres some better stuff for more money i have no probem with spending a little extra money.

baseballlover1
08-23-2007, 12:06 AM
o yea and i was looking at some of fourstars products too.

ron231
08-23-2007, 12:10 AM
If thats all you have, I`d say youve got a good $1500 to spend on supplies, maybe check out some LARGE kits that include a PC or UDM.

Edit: I just saw in your other post that you have a PC, go buy everything else, stock up on chemical guys!

baseballlover1
08-23-2007, 12:15 AM
i have a PC

jshillin
08-23-2007, 05:50 AM
go buy everything else, stock up on chemical guys!

And pick up some Menz...

stilez
08-23-2007, 06:44 AM
I just use a damp MF on Aston Martins.

Use a little Folex if there are stains.

kapinnn
08-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Good stuff to order from CG:

1 nice paste wax (5050 or Petes 53)

1 commodity wax (XXX paste or Butter wax liquid),

1 sealant (jetseal or mseal)

1 glaze (EZ Creme Glaze)1

1 leather cleaner and 1 conditioner

2 5-gallon buckets (with grit guards)

1 gallon of good wash (citrus wash & gloss)

1 quick detailer (extreme slick synthetic)

some clay

A lot of nice MF towels

Those are the products I vouch for and use on my details. I also use many other brands. You have to find a balance between looks, protections, easiness of application, and price. I haven`t used their polishes nor seen any good reviews about them. I`d stick to Menzerna or Optimum for those. I`d also get an AIO like Klasse AIO, Pinnacle XMT360, or Optimum Poliseal.

brwill2005
08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
As I have stated before, I respect your entrepreneurial spirit. I do have some concerns though. AM are very expensive cars. What if you damage this car? Who will pay for the damage. Is it wise to work on such an expensive car without having a set process and product arsenal? I am not trying to be critical, just making you aware of some issues. Good luck though.

kapinnn
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
As I have stated before, I respect your entrepreneurial spirit. I do have some concerns though. AM are very expensive cars. What if you damage this car? Who will pay for the damage. Is it wise to work on such an expensive car without having a set process and product arsenal? I am not trying to be critical, just making you aware of some issues. Good luck though.

I do agree with with you that he needs a process and everything. However, you learn a lot faster by making mistakes. I just hope he doesn`t try something new like wetsanding on the Aston Martin. If he sticks to a thorough cleaning, AIO, and wax there isn`t much to mess up.