PDA

View Full Version : how to remove swirls + scratches with porter cable? (second attempt)

kyazh
08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a Portercable with sonus Orange, Blue and Green pads, a few microfiber bonnets, and the original white pc pad.

--------------------------------------------------------------

These are the products I have laying around...

Meg`s Scratch X

3m Perfect it II - Foam Polishing Pad Glaze - Dark

3m Perfect it II - Show Car - Liquid Wax

3m rubbing compound

Mothers Clay Bar system

Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax

Mothers Showtime Instant Detail

Meguires Mirror Glaze #9

P21S wax

Sonus SFX-1

Sonus SFX-3

600-2000 Grit sandpapers wet/dry

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a G35 Twilight Blue sedan. Its an 06. Swirl marks are hectic. I polished using a portercable for the first time about 5 months ago with minimal results, kuz I was/am noob.

So I want to remove the swirl marks, and I have 2 scratches on the car which are pretty deep. I want to fill these in with touchup paint, sand em and polish them.

Can anyone help me figure out which pads to use with which products in which order at which speeds? Thanks! And how much product?

Also, I haven`t been able to find touchup paint for Twilight Blue (dark blue pearl) anywhere.. any ideas?

thanks for your help! :clap:

Edit: An image of the larger scratch

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7459/222ez7.jpg

kyazh
08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
`http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7459/222ez7.jpg\r\n\r\nThe larger of the 2 scratches, this is the one I\`m most concerned about.`

kyazh
08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
bump please?

ScoobNewb007
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
search for "touch up paint on g35"

the person did some touch up on the g35 and it came out very good.

LazerRed1
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Order some factory touch up paint from EverythingG35 or go to the dealer. Pretty cheap and it will match.

Buy several very small cheap brushes from an art shop. Don`t try to use the one that comes with the paint. It will take several coats. Don`t try to fill all at once. If you want to be very particular, final coat with a clear and then sand and buff out.

coscooper
09-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Looks like you`re on the right track for swirl/scratch removal. For touch up paint, try going to a local paint supply shop and have them mix the exact paint color. Can`t find a car paint supplier, stop at any body shop and ask. They`ll tell you where they get their supplies. The smallest they mix might run you $40 or so, but it depends on if that`s worth it. Use the smallest paint brush from hobby shop. The only thing to remember about this is, the paint is raw and will definitely need to be polished, sealed and waxed after it cures/dries.